Polio the Next "Pandamic"?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Have you read up on any legitimate dissenting information? I don't think it's as cut and dry as people like to believe.
Look.
I don't get annual vaccinations for the flu.
Never got the covid vaccine.

I'm not disagreeing that we pump kids full of way too much crud.
I just think discounting the science behind vaccines is ludicrous.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
This has been going on for a long time with the flu vaccines. Every year they "guess" the strain of flu that's going to be going around and peddle them on TV. Way before trump
We do agree on the vaccines for the flu.
I just think there is a difference between moderation, and just deciding to throw out 200 years of science.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Look.
I don't get annual vaccinations for the flue.
Never got the covid vaccine.

I'm not disagreeing that we pump kids full of way too much crud.
I just think discounting the science behind vaccines is ludicrous.

But you've only gotten one side of the story. Not a good way to make informed decisions. That also doesn't mean that I'm entirely against vaccines, but there is a danger when people equate vaccines with miracles. They are not without risk, and may not be as effective as we have been led to believe.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
But you've only gotten one side of the story. Not a good way to make informed decisions. That also doesn't mean that I'm entirely against vaccines, but there is a danger when people equate vaccines with miracles. They are not without risk, and may not be as effective as we have been led to believe.
You are misquoting me.

I never said they were miracles.

oldngray

nowhere special
Read up on the polio vaccination campaign in Northern Africa and let me know if you still think the polio vaccine works.
Was that where they used a weakened live virus instead of the dead virus vaccine? I thought they stopped using the live virus vaccine because of the possibility it could give you the disease.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Do not give the government the power to tell you what you have to put in your body.
I don’t disagree. And to be perfectly clear, I’m not an ultra pro vaxer. I believe they play a role in overall health, but as was said, people look at them as a miracle. They all come with side effects.

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Was that where they used a weakened live virus instead of the dead virus vaccine? I thought they stopped using the live virus vaccine because of the possibility it could give you the disease.

This is on going and was an issue reported in 2017. They wiped out the wild version, and the one caused by the vaccine mutated, making the vaccine worthless.