Poll: APWA-Support or Oppose

Do You Support or Oppose the APWA's Attempt to Kick the IBT to the Curb?

• Yes. It's time for a change for the better!

Votes: 48 51.1%
  • No. I'm a Teamster all the way! The APWA is a union buster!

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Maybe. I'm skeptical right now. The APWA hasn't earned their wings yet.

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • I don't care. Neither can fix our pension problem.

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

krash

Go big orange
This poll speaks volumes. If the card signing goes this well the IBT will be history. 4-1 in favor of APWA
If the card signing goes this well we are all history.
I'm surprised we have this many ignorant folks at UPS.:w00t:
We, through a Teamster contract, have it good. Once we decertify, we loose that contract and the rules with in until we vote for new representation. Then they(APWA) will have to negotiate a new contract with no infrastructure in place. Now are we gonna let the self appointed chancellors of this great new union negotiate for us. Or will it be there union busting law firm? If the law firm, how will they pay for them? Yep, this union will be bankrupt shortly after since UPS will drag it out since they no there is no consequence to pay. Or will the "Chancellors" negotiate? Gonna get kinda hungry after a few months of no income.
You see, these two scabs only goal is to bust the union and there using your ever increasing greed to push forward. If this wasn't so, then they would start out small. Like a couple of the hubs there from. Organize them then negotiate a contract. Maybe at the most, there state. Show all us doubters there for real. But noooooo, they want every single UPS location at once. Way to fishy for me. Sounds like one big "Union busting" attempt.

But like I said, go ahead. Your ignorance and greed is gonna be your downfall and you will look back after everything that those before us fought for is stripped away and think, "Dang, sure wish I had that contract back"

Overpaid Union Thug

If the card signing goes this well we are all history.
I'm surprised we have this many ignorant folks at UPS.:w00t:
We, through a Teamster contract, have it good. Once we decertify, we loose that contract and the rules with in until we vote for new representation. Then they(APWA) will have to negotiate a new contract with no infrastructure in place. Now are we gonna let the self appointed chancellors of this great new union negotiate for us. Or will it be there union busting law firm? If the law firm, how will they pay for them? Yep, this union will be bankrupt shortly after since UPS will drag it out since they no there is no consequence to pay. Or will the "Chancellors" negotiate? Gonna get kinda hungry after a few months of no income.
You see, these two scabs only goal is to bust the union and there using your ever increasing greed to push forward. If this wasn't so, then they would start out small. Like a couple of the hubs there from. Organize them then negotiate a contract. Maybe at the most, there state. Show all us doubters there for real. But noooooo, they want every single UPS location at once. Way to fishy for me. Sounds like one big "Union busting" attempt.

But like I said, go ahead. Your ignorance and greed is gonna be your downfall and you will look back after everything that those before us fought for is stripped away and think, "Dang, sure wish I had that contract back"

Umm.....what makes you think we won't have a contract? Why would you even think that??? And you are calling us ignorant? If the APWA does knock the Teamsters out the APWA will negoitate and have a contract ready long before the current contract is expired. And you are also calling us greedy? So I guess anyone wanting to stand up and fight for their pension is the new definition of being greedy.

nospinzone

This is another scare tactic on behalf of a Teamster diehard who would simply like to use misinformation to mislead UPS employees.

I have addressed this topic of contract protection during a CBA change. Please review this discussion under the following link.

STATUS QUO AFTER THE PARCEL WORKERS UNION NLRB WIN

Krash, why would you lie to your co-workers?

nospinzone

The NLRB has redesigned its website and the url for the sited case in my link has changed. Here is the new link.

USPS v National Postal Professional Nurses (case 5-CA-11693)

krash

Go big orange
This is another scare tactic on behalf of a Teamster diehard who would simply like to use misinformation to mislead UPS employees.

I have addressed this topic of contract protection during a CBA change. Please review this discussion under the following link.

STATUS QUO AFTER THE PARCEL WORKERS UNION NLRB WIN.

Might want to re-ck the link you inserted in the post you directed me to.
I don't lie to co-workers, I post what I know to be truth at the time and you haven't proved other wise yet. I assume you attempted with the link. Provide one that actually works and proves that I'm wrong and I will edit accordingly.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
spinzone,

Are you still eating my lunch... ???

You have posted that the apwa is filing a EMPLOYER petition....

Do you want to change your position.............?????

-Bug-

705red

Browncafe Steward

STATUS QUO AFTER THE PARCEL WORKERS UNION NLRB WIN.

So lets say by chance the apwa wins our contract will be in place for 1 year. Leaving us 1 year to elect the apwa members (all of them)? Negiotate a ups contract at the same time? Where would our pension payment be sent apwa or ibt? Will we get 2 pensions 1 from the ibt and apwa or will the apwa take all of the money thats been put in there over the last 40 years by upsers and leave the current retires out to dry? These are serious questions any of you ladys up for answering them?

krash

Go big orange
bigarrow,
They are using "greed" and "ignorance" to lure members. Those who buy into the 7K or so with 30 years not realizing this is only a projection and that's after 30 years with APWA.
But your not interested in actually reading a post are you. Just want to pick out a couple of words and bow up. But I guess you are the greedy one wanting to cut your brothers and sisters loose so you can chase after these snake oil salesman. As far as getting a contract through APWA before the current one expires, you are dreaming. These union busters won't get enough "ignorant" and "greedy" UPSers to follow them off that cliff and decertify. They can't even get there own state bud.

705red

Browncafe Steward

STATUS QUO AFTER THE PARCEL WORKERS UNION NLRB WIN

You also stated that there are some very nice people working at the branch of the nlrb. Now i know your a pro company guy and not a union guy van, or is it danny? The nlrb hasnt helped the unions cause in what about 6 years, so it proves they want to see ups decertified.

sawdusttv

So lets say by chance the apwa wins our contract will be in place for 1 year. Leaving us 1 year to elect the apwa members (all of them)? Negiotate a ups contract at the same time? Where would our pension payment be sent apwa or ibt? Will we get 2 pensions 1 from the ibt and apwa or will the apwa take all of the money thats been put in there over the last 40 years by upsers and leave the current retires out to dry? These are serious questions any of you ladys up for answering them?

Lets see,
APWA wins the vote, we continue following the current contract while the APWA negotiates a new contract. Inlight of the supreme court ruling in the New England multi-employer fund case, All of the UPS employees funds would transfer to the new APWA fund including UPS current retirees pensions. Therefore our current retirees would continue to get there checks, only for the new fund instead of the teamster fund.

sawdusttv

bigarrow,
They are using "greed" and "ignorance" to lure members. Those who buy into the 7K or so with 30 years not realizing this is only a projection and that's after 30 years with APWA.
But your not interested in actually reading a post are you. Just want to pick out a couple of words and bow up. But I guess you are the greedy one wanting to cut your brothers and sisters loose so you can chase after these snake oil salesman. As far as getting a contract through APWA before the current one expires, you are dreaming. These union busters won't get enough "ignorant" and "greedy" UPSers to follow them off that cliff and decertify. They can't even get there own state bud.

OK Krash,
I'm calling you on this one! Let,s see your proof about any of this teamster crap!
You are always asking for proof, so now back up what you are saying.
I happen to be in NC, The APWA leaders home state. In the hubs and centers that have held card signing that are pretty much complete, here are some percentages. Winston Salem-80% signed, hickory- 95%, n. Wilksboro- 100%, Greensboro under way as we speek with signings coming in very strong, Charlotte and Raliegh scheduled to start in the next couple of weeks.
Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but this looks like an APWA win to me.
Krash, thats one lie you told in this thread. Can you give us proof on anything else that you stated, or is it all lies, in an attempt to mislead your brothers and sister at UPS?

Overpaid Union Thug

OK Krash,
I'm calling you on this one! Let,s see your proof about any of this teamster crap!
I happen to be in NC, The APWA leaders home state. In the hubs and centers that have held card signing that are pretty much complete, here are some percentages. Winston Salem-80% signed, hickory- 95%, n. Wilksboro- 100%, Greensboro under way as we speek with signings coming in very strong, Charlotte and Raliegh scheduled to start in the next couple of weeks.
Krash, thats one lie you told in this thread. Can you give us proof on anything else that you stated, or is it all lies, in an attempt to mislead your brothers and sister at UPS?

Dude...I think some of these guys are "Plants". They have to be. There is no other explanation. I bet most are frequent posters over on that crappy Teamster.net.

Fullhouse

Hello all,
I have been following this thread with intrest. I must make one statement that I haven't read yet. It pertains to no strike fund with APAW. If you all remember in 2002 Hoffa called for a special meeting in Las Vegas of all the Delagates that attened the the 2001 IBT convention.
The reason for this was to raise the union dues for its members, inorder to build up a strike fund for the up and coming UPS contract negotiations.
Just thought I would point that out since some of these members thought the IBT had a rock solid strike fund before that 2002 meeting in Las Vegas.

Overpaid Union Thug

Hello all,
I have been following this thread with intrest. I must make one statement that I haven't read yet. It pertains to no strike fund with APAW. If you all remember in 2002 Hoffa called for a special meeting in Las Vegas of all the Delagates that attened the the 2001 IBT convention.
The reason for this was to raise the union dues for its members, inorder to build up a strike fund for the up and coming UPS contract negotiations.
Just thought I would point that out since some of these members thought the IBT had a rock solid strike fund before that 2002 meeting in Las Vegas.

Strike Fund? What is that? LOL. I didn't work at UPS yet during the last strike but all of the guys here that did talk about the Strike Fund, or lack there of, as a joke.

mittam

230,000 people paying union dues every month a separate strike fund is not needed, the teamsters would have managed our dues better instead of taking what they wanted from it we would have been covered in the 97 strike. There is no strike fund now with the ibt so it is funny you people post about the APWA not having a strike fund. Yet the ibt without a vote took an extra$12 a month from us for a strike fund if you want to find where that money is you would have to file suit. They have put it under miscellaneous and will tell you there is no strike fund, yet the ibt keeps increasing our dues, they want to blame our company for all of their short comings and rape the UPS people of all the hard earned benefits we have worked for.It is truly time for us to take this back and the only way we can is to vote in a new union. This is not a desertification as the teamster people say it is voting out the existing bargaining unit to vote in a new one. Let the ibt go to the other freight companies and rape them of all their benefits and pride and dignity we the people at UPS are finished with the ibt and are taking the stand to say "enough" we will take the vote and become our own union, say good-bye to the teamsters at UPS!!!

705red

Browncafe Steward
OK Krash,
Wher can i get the OFFICIAL vote counts at? Not that i dont trust everything that you say here, its i havent read any credible facts all hear say. Prove it.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Dude...I think some of these guys are "Plants". They have to be. There is no other explanation. I bet most are frequent posters over on that crappy Teamster.net.
Now if you disagree with the apwa you must be a plant? Who cares who visits what websites, theres nothing the matter with debating these issue here and now. Keep digging for excuses, but ask yourself why is there no ups management commenting on this apwa issue?

Overpaid Union Thug

Now if you disagree with the apwa you must be a plant? Who cares who visits what websites, theres nothing the matter with debating these issue here and now. Keep digging for excuses, but ask yourself why is there no ups management commenting on this apwa issue?

Asking why there is no UPS management commenting on this APWA issue sounds like digging for an excuse to me. All I have to say is look at the numbers. The card signing is going great. In fact, it would appear it is going better than great based on the percentage of people signing. I find it hard to believe that those 90%, or better, that are siging the cards are just "ignorant" or "gullable" and that the other 10% are the ones that know what they are doing. Especially when it has happened in more than one hub.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Asking why there is no UPS management commenting on this APWA issue sounds like digging for an excuse to me. All I have to say is look at the numbers. The card signing is going great. In fact, it would appear it is going better than great based on the percentage of people signing. I find it hard to believe that those 90%, or better, that are siging the cards are just "ignorant" or "gullable" and that the other 10% are the ones that know what they are doing. Especially when it has happened in more than one hub.
Big arrow all i see is talk, maybe you now can show me some proof? Its more like the fish that got away story, all talk. Please show me the proof.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Apwa cheerleaders you guys can talk and talk and talk, but all im asking is for some facts. Show me your bylaws, the nlrb card counts, simple requests, right? How am i suppose to take you seriously without facts? Your word, not happening and until you guys show proff ill fire away at you.