Poll: Are you happy at FedEx???

Are you Happy at FedEx?

• Yes!I love my job at Fedex.

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Sometimes.Its a job just like any other job.

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • No and if I can find a better job I will leave.

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Screw Fred S!FedEx Sucks!!!!

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I love my job but, I hate the pay and the way CRRs with less than 10-12 yrs. on board get treated. Ie. never topping out, vacation bidding process, etc.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
most Ops managers at Fedex are bad people

I agree, but it's not because they were born that way. When you move into FedEx management, most managers also sell most or all of their soul in the bargain. If you don't give the devil his due (Smith),you'll never survive. If you have a true moral compass, are honest, and value others, then Ops management is not the place for you.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

I'm with 7 on this one. I love the job I do, my cowokers (most of them, a few exceptions...but I digress) and the fact I get to drive around all day and not do much (I know I am in the minority here and it will eventually catch up to me..lol). The downside is truly the lack of pay, and if you are under 15 years, you get the poop end of the stick on just about everything, but then again, if you think of it as high school, then that puts me at 11th grade. Just enough time to get some time off, but not enough to get what I really want, but the guys behind me really take it up the :censored2:...lol

FedExer267

The job is fine. What I dont like is You are suppose to work for a contractor however FedEx Management runs us in every sense of the word. Now if FedEx wants to run us fine pay me a hourly wage, with OT and benefits. You cant have it both ways if I make a salary based on 8 hours of work thats what your going to get out of me. When you call me I get your messages but I will not answer my phone because its my phone, my plan, and my bill, you want me to use my phone then give me a phone allowance. I will never go the extra mile for this place because I am not compensated to do so.
If Fred S can run a billion dollar company like this fine he will get out of us what we are getting paid for. Why go out of your way to make billions of dollars for a company that you put your blood, sweat, and tears into when at the end of the day your still on government assistance because this company is to damn cheap and corrupt to run this place right.
My New Years resolution when FedEx or my Contractor calls me for help is whats it worth to you nothing is free.

bbsam

Staff member
My, my, my! Sounds like someone's old truck bounced him so hard his nuts finally dropped. Good for you, 267 and good luck on your New Year's resolution.:happy-very:

FedExer267

Hey there sam I do love these back and forths. My nuts dropped along time ago how I know this is I have children. That being said just tired of being taking advantage of you want extra your gonna pay for it. You wanna make money fine but so do I

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'd like to see this poll distributed among the entire workforce and allow them to vote anonymously without any pre or post disinformation campaigns. Just an honest assessment of the way people really feel about FedEx.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
But gee wizz MFE, don't we all take this poll annually where they ask us such things as "Do I think I'm paid fairly"? "Would I recc. X to someone"? and so-forth. You know, the poll where they never change anything no matter how bad you beat-up corporate with your answers. Heck, only heads I ever see roll are at the sta. level. It's never the corp's fault employees aren't happy.

FXManager

I agree, but it's not because they were born that way. When you move into FedEx management, most managers also sell most or all of their soul in the bargain. If you don't give the devil his due (Smith),you'll never survive. If you have a true moral compass, are honest, and value others, then Ops management is not the place for you.

As a FX Manager I will confirm this 100%. I work with a load of sell-out, backstabbing, whining babies who rather than deal with their problems blame shift and never fix a thing. The employees that work for them don't deserve that crap and for sure don't need to be shown that kind of a mentality at work. The only saving grace is a couple lines of policy that one like myself can utilize to protect their employees from the rampant ignorance that filters down through the chain. I used to love my job, then they started paying attention to the work my people were doing and since they were performing decided that they needed to do more and now I have a team of overworked, underpayed, un-appreciated (except by me) zombies that won't/can't leave because they need a job or feel loyalty to me for standing up for them.

I shouldn't go to work every day and say "I quit, screw this place." under my breath. I can't afford to quit and soon I won't be able to afford to stay, at some point they will make a push for my integrity and I will have to choose between giving it up and keeping it which might good and well cost me my job. The only bonus to giving it up would be that at some level I would still be able to protect my team.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
And then you got Fred who sold out any integrety might have ever had then hides behind a curtain like the mighty and powerful Oz at the Memphis ivory towers. He never visits a station anymore for fear of retaliation. He's certainly created his own mess and one that's so big that he has to dump millions of dollars into the pockets of congress so he can run things his way or no way at all. What a weasel.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
As a FX Manager I will confirm this 100%. I work with a load of sell-out, backstabbing, whining babies who rather than deal with their problems blame shift and never fix a thing. The employees that work for them don't deserve that crap and for sure don't need to be shown that kind of a mentality at work. The only saving grace is a couple lines of policy that one like myself can utilize to protect their employees from the rampant ignorance that filters down through the chain. I used to love my job, then they started paying attention to the work my people were doing and since they were performing decided that they needed to do more and now I have a team of overworked, underpayed, un-appreciated (except by me) zombies that won't/can't leave because they need a job or feel loyalty to me for standing up for them.

I shouldn't go to work every day and say "I quit, screw this place." under my breath. I can't afford to quit and soon I won't be able to afford to stay, at some point they will make a push for my integrity and I will have to choose between giving it up and keeping it which might good and well cost me my job. The only bonus to giving it up would be that at some level I would still be able to protect my team.

Thanks for some honesty, instead of the usual BS corporate answers we get from other managers who post on here.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And then you got Fred who sold out any integrety might have ever had then hides behind a curtain like the mighty and powerful Oz at the Memphis ivory towers. He never visits a station anymore for fear of retaliation. He's certainly created his own mess and one that's so big that he has to dump millions of dollars into the pockets of congress so he can run things his way or no way at all. What a weasel.

Fred is way beyond weasel territory.I've called him the "Spawn of Satan" which really isn't fair. Perhaps the "Spawn of Stalin" is more appropriate. I'm sure Fred has sent Boner (Boehner) gifts of green that won't clash with his orange skin tone.

vantexan

Yes you're correct there.

I'm sure he'd rather throw acid into the eyes of his workforce than do anything remotely good for them.

Oh come on, that's not fair. Nothing good? 401k match has been restored. Of course it would be nice if we made enough to fund our 401k's better, but acid in the eyes? Over the top amigo.