POLL: With the details of the Tentative Agreement out, What is your vote?

What is your vote with the details available in the 2013 Tentative Agreement?

• Yes

Votes: 33 13.8%
  • No

Votes: 207 86.3%

• Total voters

Moneythehardway

Although the Brown Cafe accounts for only a small portion of UPS's workforce , I would like to gauge the consensus of our unions reaction to this proposal/agreement.

---
Yes being if you agree with the tentative agreement and would like to go forward with ratifying it to become our new five (5) year contract

No If you do NOT agree with the tentative agreement and would like for our union representatives to go back to the negotiation tables
---

Maybe this can work as an indicator on a smaller scale.

I do this because SOMETHING tells me not to trust the 'behind closed door' ballot counts totally (Swayed votes, "missing" yes or no voted ballots etc...). so hopefully this and other forms of public petitions can let us know what's REALLY the voice of the union for all to see.

May even wanna sticky it to keep up to date on the votes until the real voting deadline.

opie

We probably have a member here from at least every facility/Hub around the country. If enough of us are dissatisfied with the TA, and can get the word out to others. Then maybe there's a chance of it not passing. But since many may not care (mostly PTers), or are just unaware, I believe it may pass. I hope not. Since the union and the locals have endorsed this deal, many will just take their word.

3216mjh

You can find the health care details on Makeupsdeliver.org. Check it out. My local union's health care is that of the UPS Plan. It is much better than the Central States Enhanced C-6 plan. Why on Earth would I ever want to lose something I already have if the company clears an earning of $4 billion a year??? And they are on track to earn even more this year! For those of you who are in the Central States plan already...I know this enhanced plan looks pretty awesome to you right now. Take this opportunity to vote with the rest of us a resounding "NO" in order to get back what you lost years ago and get something better. For my situation, I like what insurance we have right now (with a few minor things I wish they would pay for that they currently don't, but I manage to work around without problems), we could always use more money (who couldn't?) and get rid of the harrassment. It all seems pretty simple to me. UPS HAS THE MONEY! MAKE THEM SPEND A LITTLE BIT ON YOU - you don't get any of those profits in any other way!

UPS Preloader

We probably have a member here from at least every facility/Hub around the country. If enough of us are dissatisfied with the TA, and can get the word out to others. Then maybe there's a chance of it not passing. But since many may not care (mostly PTers), or are just unaware, I believe it may pass. I hope not. Since the union and the locals have endorsed this deal, many will just take their word.

I agree many do not care, but this time around I think many more PT's will vote. Unfortunately most FT drivers will vote based upon how it affects them with no concern or solidarity as to how it affects the PT's or how it affects those in the Central States. (I apologize in advance to the FT's that do vote based upon the good of all those concerned.)

kingOFchester

I spoke with close to 20 employees today regarding the contract. 25% were a strong no. 50% said something like "yea, I heard something about the contract, they say we may have to pay a little" with a shrug of the shoulders. 25% said were a yes do to the $'s involved.

My bet, a good portion of the "no clue gang" will vote yes if they vote. I feel as though the return of ballots by the strong yes crew and the strong no crew will be equal. The deciding factor will be those who have no clue.

Get out and talk to every teamster you come across. Print up parts of the contract that you do not like. Educate. Answer questions. A lot of these folks don't even know that they can vote. Don't settle with one talk with, talk to them everyday. Know the contract and know where we are giving concessions.

This is what I am doing.

Notretiredyet

Now that I've read everything but our local supplement I've decided to vote no. Too many variables in the health care, too many temp positions and helpers and no significant raise for my PT brothers. I'm out.

Now that I've read everything but our local supplement I've decided to vote no. Too many variables in the health care, too many temp positions and helpers and no significant raise for my PT brothers. I'm out.
The drivers that Im (tight with) Say.........Extra August vacation!!!....Let the shareholders give back...Not us!!!!

Yes on supplement. No on the master. I think we had the company by the balls on this by taking healthcare. Ken just didn't see that. Instead he and CStates boys where drooling over health care by getting more money and member in CStates. If they where smart about the deal, they could have used it to are advantage.

A

anonymous6

informed people are saying no.

80 percent of our co-workers are a bunch of pusses and will vote yes.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm voting no, its a lousy give back contract. It screws over Part Timers and Retirees the way I see it. The IBT wants it because they will get control over healthcare, and the company was more than happy to unload health insurance with the debacle that National Healthcare will become. Create more full time jobs? They never created a 22.3 job in my Hub from the last ones. They should print this thing on two-ply tissue so that it will be good for at least one thing. It will pass as is though, most people just care about themselves.

UPS Preloader

First of all, I want everyone to know that I have very few issues with UPS. I plan on being a lifer as I need the bennies, but I don’t consider this a career. I’ve been a Preloader for almost 6 years, I’m making $14.77 per hour, I’m getting a 70 cent raise August 1[SUP]st[/SUP], My pension is vested, and I have health insurance, dental, and vision. I’ll admit the work socks, but overall I can’t complain. I have it better than most, if not all part timer’s outside of UPS.

That being said, I am disappointed and shocked at the lack of solidarity in this union and specifically here on the BC. There are many issues with the new contract and each issue affects each and every one of us in different ways. Ask yourself the following questions:

Is this proposal in the best interest of the 140,000 members being moved into the TEAMCARE Health Plan? If no, vote NO.
Is this proposal in the best interest of the part timers? If no, vote NO.
Is this proposal in the best interest of the full timers? If no, vote NO.
Is this proposal in the best interest of the retiree’s? If no, vote NO.
Is this proposal in the best interest of the union? If no, vote NO.
Is the new 4 year driver progression acceptable? If no, vote NO.
Does this proposal properly address the 9.5 issues? If no, vote NO.
Does this proposal properly address the harassment issues? If no, vote NO.

If you answer NO to any of the above questions, show some solidarity, support your brothers and sisters and vote NO. If you answer NO to any of the above questions and still vote YES you should be ashamed.

If you can honestly answer YES to all of the above questions, by all means vote YES and feel proud of it.

From my own standpoint, I have no issues with the proposed contact as most of it doesn’t affect me, but I will still be voting NO as I will not throw any of my brothers and sisters under the bus.

Last edited:

Inthegame

Yes on supplement. No on the master. I think we had the company by the balls on this by taking healthcare. Ken just didn't see that. Instead he and CStates boys where drooling over health care by getting more money and member in CStates. If they where smart about the deal, they could have used it to are advantage.
Yes that hall sure is a people. If only East coast navy was our chief negotiator everyone would live happily ever after.

UPSGUY72

I'm starting to lean to the NO vote side. I'm still going over the National TA and the New England Supplement TA. I see now in the New England area they are going to allow Ptimers to TCD which I am totally against as it just another way the company can not add more FT jobs. I'm also disappointed with the large increase in the cost of retirees Health insurance.