Pope Francis says Catholic Church banning priests from engaging in sex is 'temporary' (On Topic Only)

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Pope Francis says Catholic Church banning priests from engaging in sex is 'temporary' | Fox News

This current event is very interesting to me, thought I would share it here.

Note to the Religious, Bible, and political fanatics and extremists on the BC, you know who you are:

Please try to keep this post to the specific and direct topic of this current event.

I know it will be hard but I guess it can’t hurt to ask.

Peace.
☮️
Catholic priests should be allowed to marry. There is no prohibition on priests marrying in the Bible. It’s unnatural and leads to perversion. You should not burn in lust, better to marry, celibacy isn’t for everyone, it should be the choice of the priest.

bacha29

Pope Francis says Catholic Church banning priests from engaging in sex is 'temporary' | Fox News

Note to the Religious, Bible, and political fanatics and extremists on the BC, you know who you are:

Please try to keep this post to the specific and direct topic of this current event.

Peace.
☮️
Are you saying that serving in the priesthood no longer requires celibacy ?

El Correcto

god is dead

Peace.
☮️
Step in the right direction to allow priest to marry. Engaging in sex seems weird though, if it is outside marriage for a Christian man of the cloth. It’s also weird considering catholic priest play a pretty important/personal role in people’s lives, it would be like banging your therapist which is frowned upon even by secularists.

Thebrownblob

I’m just here to do my duty and warn everyone since the last thread, regarding some religious matter started on brown cafe buy our resident theologians…….
1678830299548.gif

And that’s all I have to say about that.

rod

Retired 22 years
My wife is Catholic I am not. When we got married in the Catholic church we had to go to a session with the Priest on "what is marriage". I had to bite my tongue to keep from asking him what the hell he knew about marriage.

Thebrownblob

My wife is Catholic I am not. When we got married in the Catholic church we had to go to a session with the Priest on "what is marriage". I had to bite my lip to keep from asking him what the hell he knew about marriage.
I can hardly believe it……

@rod bit his tongue😂

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
My wife is Catholic I am not. When we got married in the Catholic church we had to go to a session with the Priest on "what is marriage". I had to bite my tongue to keep from asking him what the hell he knew about marriage.
He wanted you in the rectory?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Same here.

Family

The eastern rites Allow marriage. The only exclusion is for bishops.
I knew a kid whose father was a Father, its not as easy as you think.

Thebrownblob

Catholic priests should be allowed to marry. There is no prohibition on priests marrying in the Bible. It’s unnatural and leads to perversion. You should not burn in lust, better to marry, celibacy isn’t for everyone, it should be the choice of the priest.
I think priests should be able to get married otherwise……
1678840776553.gif

Family

Do you think everyone just caves into their lower nature? You do understand how grace works. Ask and you shall receive. The struggle has always been with self. Every man must call on Christ to heal their leprosy.