Popped for DUI

AZbrownup

hello all..
over the weekend I was cited for a DUI. and in AZ with any DUI, you are required to have a ignition interlock device on every car you drive.. unless your employer signs a waiver. Well I just heard that UPS no longer is giving out waivers and you can only work in the hub for a yr from the day your license was suspended and the device has to be on for 1 yr.. so I may lose my job.. does anyone have any info that could help???

thanx
JE

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
hello all..
over the weekend I was cited for a DUI. and in AZ with any DUI, you are required to have a ignition interlock device on every car you drive.. unless your employer signs a waiver. Well I just heard that UPS no longer is giving out waivers and you can only work in the hub for a yr from the day your license was suspended and the device has to be on for 1 yr.. so I may lose my job.. does anyone have any info that could help???

thanx
JE
Don't drink and drive?

Sorry, you asked for help.

hello all..

thanx
JE
check out my beer thread in the life after brown forum. I think its right up your ally.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

evans, don't worry about those guys. Send that PM to Dilli. I have a feeling that you will have to spend a year in the hub but I don't think you will lose your job. Good luck to you. Dave.

over9five

Staff member
Are you displacing two p/ts when you have to work in the hub for a year? If so, I believe it is unfair for a drunk to be able to do this. MHO.

Nimnim

The Nim
Here in Florida when I was still an unloader we had a driver with their license suspended from a dui, it was really a rail job and wasn't drinking while driving but that's another story, anyways he worked both twilight and midnight shifts to get his 8 while his license was suspended. I never heard if he went back driving but I'd imagine he did if UPS went through the effort to have him work on other shifts for awhile unless he never got his license back.

UPSGUY72

hello all..

thanx
JE

Go see a good lawyer. You haven't been covicted yet.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Go see a good lawyer. You haven't been covicted yet.

A good DUI lawyer will charge 5-10K and try to get the case dropped or the charge reduced to wreckless driving. I know a couple of people that have gone this route. The results of the blood test will be more important than the initial breath test.

Not IN Trace

Sorry Evens10 but I hope you do lose your job....any worthless ******* who drive drunk without thinking about the other innocent people on the road who you may have killed is not worthy of being a UPS driver.
Oh yea and by the way...someone I loved was killed by a DRUNK DRIVER.

Last edited by a moderator:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Can't drive for a while..well Watertown , Mass still has a full time preload shift.
A few others were lucky enough to be assigned to the Arsenal Mall; you and your load were dropped off for the day.

TheDick

I got rear ended by a DUI right in the middle of my pick-ups. I wasnt hurt thank god, but if my car wasnt loaded down with pcs I might take peak off this year and not by choice. Sorry to hear about your situation but than God you didnt kill yourself or a van loaded with babies and parents. I hope you never make that mistake again.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Sorry Evens10 but I hope you do lose your job....any worthless ******* who drive drunk without thinking about the other innocent people on the road who you may have killed is not worthy of being a UPS driver.
Oh yea and by the way...someone I loved was killed by a DRUNK DRIVER.

My general opinion about DUI's is that there are plenty of otherwise decent people out there who have had a serious lapse in judgement and made a mistake about drinking and driving. These people should be given a second chance. Diversion, education, and a short-term license suspension along with a fine are appropriate consequences for a first offense.

Those who didnt learn their lesson the first time around deserve harsh consequences. A second offense for DUI deserves a few months in jail along with permanent revocation of driving priveleges.

AZbrownup

wow... I never said I was DRUNK... i had a few drinks (5) from 9pm to 1:45am.. went to a sub shop.. ate, had a coke and after an hour of sitting there... I left.. drove back home.. Did i make a bad mistake? guess so.. but in AZ, we have the toughest DUI laws in America.. doesnt matter if you are drunk.. if you have alcohol in their system... its a DUI