Portland Hub

Cardb0ard.

Beer and more beer
anyone on here that works at a Portland hub knows if your trailers are leaving tonight?? 2 trailers didn't show up today and 3 didn't show up yesterday... y'all folks gonna slam my center... all from Portland too.

Duckwithapipboy

You'll likely get slammed tonight or Monday. We had our Day sort work a special shift this morning since they canceled Wednesday's Day. A lot of our Dirty Sacs from Cali haven't been getting through either this week. For example, yesterday Day only had a planned 75,000 building volume. They didn't even break 50. My Twilight shift had "175,000" and I was falling asleep on high volume.

sppollock

Portland has been closed down due to weather, the roads have been closed into and out of Portland for a few days now. We in Seattle have just started seeing trailers showing up today, and we plan on being slammed on Monday. I'm sure there going to try to send 4 days of freight in just one day that happens to be a holiday.

Duckwithapipboy

We had another light-'ish' day again today, so I doubt it for a heavy Monday for you guys. I load Tukwila and Redmond Preload trailers and we only packed up two Tukwa shorts, two Redwa longs, one short, and a dedicated irreg trailer on Twilight tonight.

monday is not a ups holiday
Almost irrelevant. If you've been around for more than a few months you know that holiday's create hellish problems. Send again's, closed business, etc... add on top of that an enormous amount of backed up volume and those affected centers are in for a :censored2: storm. Hope the center manager's haven't been sleeping at the wheel or worrying too much about 5.5 or production numbers. UPS could do with a lot more good managers who knew how to just take one on the chin when these big problems are brewing in the distance.