Positions available in Houston, TX?

TSJ

I have been with UPS as a package handler since June 2005 and a Cover Driver since August 2008 in Lancaster, PA. I am currently looking to move to Houston, TX for a change and was just curious if anyone could help me out looking for a full-time position. I'm 24 and have a Bachelors Degree in Business Management. I would love to apply for management, however, maintaining a driving position would be just as suitable. If anyone has ANY information on jobs available in the area, please let me know. Thanks,

[email protected]

outta hours

Sweetwater is a big hub in HOUTX. Surely they could find a spot for a good employee. Check with your HR department. Or call Hou. HR and ask them.

PS: I hope you like it humid.

outta hours

Amarillo. A lot of humid days in Dallas. Drier out west in El Paso. Why the urge to leave PA? The biggest hubs are in Mesquite, just west of Dallas. And in the Houston area. Good luck to you..

TSJ

Well this year is supposed to be a real bad winter and I'm tired of the snow and low termperatures. Just looking to move somewhere that has milder weather year round and a bit less humidity in the day time. Would also like to live in a place without much traffic congestion, I hear Houston is a nightmare. Thinking about El Paso, Fort Worth or even Mesquite depending on area living standards, but still open to suggestions. Thanks for the insight...

satellitedriver

I don't actually, where in texas can I go without the humidity? Dallas? El Paso?
Go West young man.
I was born and raised in Houston and left as soon as I could.
When I was growing up Houston had two great distinctions.
1. Murder capital of the world.
2. The most air conditioned city in the world.-( because of the humidity).

satellitedriver

Amarillo. A lot of humid days in Dallas. Drier out west in El Paso. Why the urge to leave PA? The biggest hubs are in Mesquite, just west of Dallas. And in the Houston area. Good luck to you..
Outta, come on.
Amarillo is one of the armpits of Texas.
Dry yes, and only a two strand rusty barb wire fence to block the wind that blows down from Canada.
Austin, San Antonio area and anywhere west of there in the hill country is the optimum place to be in Texas. IMHO

TSJ

I was actually seriously considering San Antonio, does anyone know of the closest UPS Hub to San Antonio and the email/phone to the HR Representitive?

outta hours

There is a hub in San Antonio. I went there a few nights a couple of weeks ago. Don't know any HR numbers. Next time I'm there I'll walk around waiting for the sort to go down and see if I can find one and post it here Only problem is I have no idea when I'll be back. Could be Sunday or a month from now. There maybe someone on BC from there or who goes there everyday. Maybe they can help sooner.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

San Antonio is a beautiful city. I went there for Basic Training in 1981 and then went back to visit while I was stationed in Lubbock (which is not a beautiful city BTW). I also liked Dallas but would think it an expensive area of the state in which to live.

TSJ

There is a hub in San Antonio. I went there a few nights a couple of weeks ago. Don't know any HR numbers. Next time I'm there I'll walk around waiting for the sort to go down and see if I can find one and post it here Only problem is I have no idea when I'll be back. Could be Sunday or a month from now. There maybe someone on BC from there or who goes there everyday. Maybe they can help sooner.

thank you very much, I'm doing all I can to get in touch with someone down there, however, my HR rep has been too busy to give me any useful information. I appreciate the effort!