Positive Stories in General and COVID

oldngray

nowhere special
daily_high_21.jpg

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
ROANOKE, Va. — Buying panic because of the coronavirus has caused plenty of concern among shoppers, particularly elderly consumers who are finding it difficult to find paper goods.

Owners of a Virginia restaurant have decided to step in and help.

In a gracious move -- and a savvy marketing ploy -- Las Tapatias Mexican Kitchen in Roanoke will give away one free roll of toilet paper to anyone over 60 years old beginning Tuesday, WSLS reported.
Untitled_Artwork-26-copy-2-1-771x596.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Getting a bit grumpy from staying at home with honey?

Can you take your boat out?
I drop my mooring into the water on Easter.
Depending on the weather the boat goes in within 10 days, just like every other year. Some times I'm the first in for my harbor, other times I'm 4th or 5th.
Took it in for a tune-up back in January, told the crew I wanted more speed. 25 knots wasn't enough. They did their magic, will easily top over 30 knots, not bad for a 19 footer with a 50 hp motor.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
ROCKLAND, Mass. — Twelve-year-old Harry Holbrook is spending a lot of time at his computer, but it’s not all schoolwork.

The Rockland sixth-grader is using his 3D printer to make mask relief bands for nurses and health care workers after he found a design online and began making the homemade extenders.

"It's a good feeling when you know you helped someone today," said Holbrook.

The extenders help relieve soreness around the ears since many nurses and health care workers are wearing the masks for hours on end.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I drop my mooring into the water on Easter.
Depending on the weather the boat goes in within 10 days, just like every other year. Some times I'm the first in for my harbor, other times I'm 4th or 5th.
Took it in for a tune-up back in January, told the crew I wanted more speed. 25 knots wasn't enough. They did their magic, will easily top over 30 knots, not bad for a 19 footer with a 50 hp motor.
Sounds like a good pastime!