Positive Stories in General and COVID

newfie

Local boy starts 'refreshment stop' to show appreciation for delivery drivers

Jack Mahar loves delivery trucks and the people who drive them.

The kindergartener at Hillside elementary in Niskayuna had a delivery-themed fifth birthday party and one of the first words he learned to write was “UPS,” according to his mom, Amanda Mahar.

Jack has gotten to see a whole lot of UPS, FedEx and USPS trucks these days. Like every student across the country, Jack’s home is now school. Couple that with the fact home deliveries have increased drastically as consumers rely heavily in Internet shopping and he’s basically guaranteed to see one — or many — of his favorite trucks each afternoon.

975x0.jpg

not to be a wet blanket but too much opportunity there to spread germs.

rod

Retired 22 years
Retired officer gives out $2,500 at mobile food pantry, moves man to tears
A retired Charlotte, North Carolina, police officer knows the struggle that many are going through during the COVID-19 pandemic.

That's why Benson Ratliff added a little something for those stopping by for food at a meal distribution site Thursday. Ratliff went car-to-car giving out money to help people pay for basic necessities.

"I just gave away $2,500 to people that are in need," Ratliff told WSOC. "It feels good. You know, when you're blessed, you have to bless other people."

Mariano Martinez said,"It brought tears to my eyes, really. "It gives us hope that there are still a lot of nice people out there."

View attachment 295731
I bet it was money he stole during drug busts.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Moderna - Early results from trial show participants developed antibodies against the virus
Moderna has vaccinated dozens of study participants and measured antibodies in eight of them. All eight developed neutralizing antibodies to the virus at levels reaching or exceeding the levels seen in people who've naturally recovered from Covid-19, according to the company.

Neutralizing antibodies bind to the virus, disabling it from attacking human cells.

"We've demonstrated that these antibodies, this immune response, can actually block the virus," Zaks said. "I think this is a very important first step in our journey towards having a vaccine."

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
I'm paying less a month in auto insurance due to Covid. My upward trend has been kicked into high gear by way of working more, making more, advancing me to my goals. Thank you Covid 19.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Moderna - Early results from trial show participants developed antibodies against the virus
Moderna has vaccinated dozens of study participants and measured antibodies in eight of them. All eight developed neutralizing antibodies to the virus at levels reaching or exceeding the levels seen in people who've naturally recovered from Covid-19, according to the company.

Neutralizing antibodies bind to the virus, disabling it from attacking human cells.

"We've demonstrated that these antibodies, this immune response, can actually block the virus," Zaks said. "I think this is a very important first step in our journey towards having a vaccine."
peyote

They did a study by giving "dozens (+24) a drug but only report that, "all 8" developed antibodies?

What happened in the other 16+? A 33% success rate is not very "exciting."

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
peyote

They did a study by giving "dozens (+24) a drug but only report that, "all 8" developed antibodies?

What happened in the other 16+? A 33% success rate is not very "exciting."

That's why it's a first step. Now they have to figure out why the participants who did develop antubodies did, and those who didn't develop antibodies didn't. You know, science.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
We have these and I've seen them at a few other hubs too.

I like em, but you look like you're having a seizure when you try to use them on a heavy door that sticks in the frame and end up using the handle anyways.

This was on a restaurant door. It was nice to not juggle packages trying to open the door.