Positive Stories in General and COVID

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I think the too at the end meant he is a double dose of dick
FB_IMG_1584715528965.jpg

I just hope to be as big a dick as the orange fella in the white house one day

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Boxes of medical supplies are headed to emergency crews in Massachusetts as COVID-19 strains the stockpile.

"The supply chains are really pinched right now," said Kevin Mont of Fallon Ambulance Service. "It is really hard to get stuff from a regular supply chain manufacturer, etc."

In 2010, Fallon built up a reserve of supplies preparing for a pandemic, and 10 years later, it is here.

"That's why a distribution like this today is really key to helping the agencies continue," said Mont.

They are sending out 84,000 surgical masks, 3,100 safety goggles and 15,000 gowns.

They are going to 61 communities.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Living On A Prayer

Philanthropy
During an appearance on The Oprah Winfrey Show in 2005, Bon Jovi (the band, not the individual) donated $1 million to the Angel Network foundation.

In July 2007, Jon Bon Jovi announced a project that would rehabilitate a block of 15 homes in north Philadelphia.

The Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation (formerly the Philadelphia Soul Charitable Foundation) was founded in 2006. It supports community efforts to break the cycle of poverty and homelessness. On October 19, 2011, it opened the JBJ Soul Kitchen, a community restaurant where patrons pay what they can afford for their meals, either with money or by volunteering work. On January 21, 2019, the restaurant provided free meals to government workers and family members who had been affected by the federal government shutdown.[47][48]

Jon Bon Jovi is one of 21 artists singing on "Everybody Hurts", a charity single organized by Simon Cowell aiding victims of the 2010 Haiti earthquake.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Julie Michaud is
57sWUhgwdMq.png
feeling emotional with Steve Pennypacker at Newton-Wellesley Hospital.
22 hrs · Newton, MA
Feeling so emotional right now. I just dropped off a bunch of masks and gloves at the hospital since we won’t be tattooing eyebrows at Prettyology any time soon. (my partner Steve’s idea) The nurse who came out to get them had tears in her eyes and a verbal and physical sense of relief.
If you have any masks you can donate, please, please do so ASAP. There will be more available by the time we go back to work.
We have an obligation to protect our sisters and brothers in the front line. They are the heroes trying to save humanity right now. Hospitals need masks more than we do.
❤️