Possibility of becoming permanent?

Upser1227

Hi all,

I recently started as what I think to be a peak hire as a preloader. I want to become a permanent hire but I was curious, how many peak hires do they keep? I asked my supervisors but they just always says it depends. Also, is there a way they would lay off someone above me on seniority so I could stay? I’ve heard some people saying that they want this one guy gone and they’re going to try to lay him off after peak, but can they even do that? Thanks everyone

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There is no one here who will be able to give you a definitive answer.

You will greatly enhance your chances by busting your butt from Day 1.

(To answer your question, no, they will not lay off a seniority employee, no matter how big of a pain in the butt he/she is, and keep you instead.)

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Hi all,

I recently started as what I think to be a peak hire as a preloader. I want to become a permanent hire but I was curious, how many peak hires do they keep? I asked my supervisors but they just always says it depends. Also, is there a way they would lay off someone above me on seniority so I could stay? I’ve heard some people saying that they want this one guy gone and they’re going to try to lay him off after peak, but can they even do that? Thanks everyone

If you had just typed "permanent" in the search bar, you would have come up with thousands of answers that most likely would have given you a better idea of what you're asking rather than what you would get by re-asking that same old tired question.