Possible Injury from UPS, not sure what to do please help

I've been having back pain, which eventually extended to my legs, and recently my butt as well. At first I dismissed at as soreness from working. However I began to notice the pain increasing, and it was especially painful with prolonged sitting. This was a problem because I'm a college student. I would be constantly fidgeting, and I am never able to find a comfortable position. My back pain isn't that bad, unless I'm sitting down for a long time, laying down, bending over, or some other position. My leg pain however is worse. My legs feel kind of numb and tingly, lack of a better word, at times. My butt has been feeling the same way too recently. I've recently went to the movie theaters, and that was a pain to watch, literally. I went to the doctor's, and received a note asking to not lift boxes over 20 pounds for a few weeks, and to try a different position. They said they had no position, and the only way I can get into air was if I was injured, so I ended up going home, I don't have sick pay yet either. I don't want to further injure myself, but I can't afford to not work. They offered me a few days off of work, of course unpayed. I was also told I lose all my seniority if it is an injury, and get moved to air. I'm not to sure what's wrong with me, and I'm waiting for the doctor to tell me after he receives the x-rays, which I had done yesterday.

Overpaid Union Thug

I've been having back pain, which eventually extended to my legs, and recently my butt as well. At first I dismissed at as soreness from working. However I began to notice the pain increasing, and it was especially painful with prolonged sitting. This was a problem because I'm a college student. I would be constantly fidgeting, and I am never able to find a comfortable position. My back pain isn't that bad, unless I'm sitting down for a long time, laying down, bending over, or some other position. My leg pain however is worse. My legs feel kind of numb and tingly, lack of a better word, at times. My butt has been feeling the same way too recently. I've recently went to the movie theaters, and that was a pain to watch, literally. I went to the doctor's, and received a note asking to not lift boxes over 20 pounds for a few weeks, and to try a different position. They said they had no position, and the only way I can get into air was if I was injured, so I ended up going home, I don't have sick pay yet either. I don't want to further injure myself, but I can't afford to not work. They offered me a few days off of work, of course unpayed. I was also told I lose all my seniority if it is an injury, and get moved to air. I'm not to sure what's wrong with me, and I'm waiting for the doctor to tell me after he receives the x-rays, which I had done yesterday.
Walk up to your sup and report your injury and then tell him/her you need to go see a doctor immediately.

I told him it was because of work, and he told me to ask them to switch me to an easier position, however the full-time sups told me there weren't any.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I was also told I lose all my seniority if it is an injury, and get moved to air.
Not sure who told you that, but they're full of it.
I'm currently seeing my own doctor already, do I have to see one of theirs?
That's where you screwed up. You kind of waived your chances of claiming workers comp by not seeing a UPS doc. It's not impossible, but it makes it very difficult.
I told him it was because of work, and he told me to ask them to switch me to an easier position, however the full-time sups told me there weren't any.
FT should have put you on TAW.

OP I had the same thing happen to me a couple months ago. I actually pulled a muscle lifting a mislabeled package. It got progressively worse. I went to my personal doctor and he gave me muscle relaxers and tylenol with codeine. It wasn't a permanent fix, as I still have some discomfort, but it helped a ton.

They can't fire you or cause you to lose your seniority because of an injury.

How do go about it now, because I've already seen my own doctor, and they don't want to give me another position. I don't want to injure myself further.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

FAC, while it is difficult, it is possible to covert from a non-comp to a comp case as I did it several years ago. It's not the ideal but it can be done.
That's why I said it's not impossible, but difficult. Comp is difficult enough, trying to do it with your own doctor thrown it, makes it even harder. My doctor told me to just document it all just in case and he documented everything on his end in my file.

I wasn't sure how bad my injury was, and I wasn't aware of all this. I'm just waiting for the x-ray results. If it is an injury, or the doctor advises me not to work how do I go about this. I might be able to work smalls, whatever that is.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I wasn't sure how bad my injury was, and I wasn't aware of all this. I'm just waiting for the x-ray results. If it is an injury, or the doctor advises me not to work how do I go about this. I might be able to work smalls, whatever that is.
Get a doctors note. No matter what they say you can't be fired for medical reasons.

The note said not to lift more than 20 pounds, and they said they had no position for me. They only they offered was to let me take time off, however I still have a few more months before I get first sick days, so it is all unpaid. The injury is work related.

I wasn't trying to get worker's comp, not even too sure what that entails, and how that works. Could you guys give me a little insight on how the whole process works, as that seems the only way to go. The only way I can get TAW is after I filed for injury and go through the whole process, according to my sups. I'm trying to put my health first, I've always put everyone first but I don't want to mess myself up. My legs are really numb to at the moment. I can't see my doing heavy duty work. I thought UPS was all about safety and employees, but they're making it seem like all they care about is money.

I see how I may have complicated things going to my own physician I was also having knee pain, and wanted to check everything out. Is it more likely they'll put me on TAW then disability.