Possible Sup shorting time

pbpa1225

Sup decided to flex start Saturday drivers from 9:30 to 9:00. Upon punching out and checking time card approx 1 hour later, I noticed that the time reflected at 9:30 start time, this shorting the drivers by 1/2 hr. Thoughts on course of action?

pbpa1225

Wow, so if I were to take an extra 15 min on lunch I’m stealing time but a sup intentionally alters time on drivers and you guys will roll over.

Mooseknuckle

Wow, so if I were to take an extra 15 min on lunch I’m stealing time but a sup intentionally alters time on drivers and you guys will roll over
I think they're joking.
If you are SURE it is happening AND you can PROVE it call 1-800-220-4126 and you will most likely have a new supervisor soon. If this supervisor is doing that, their motive is most likely not to steal from you but, to make their numbers look better to get a bonus. Stealing from you and the company. That person shouldn't be working there.
If you are not sure I wouldn't call.

Mooseknuckle

Sup decided to flex start Saturday drivers from 9:30 to 9:00. Upon punching out and checking time card approx 1 hour later, I noticed that the time reflected at 9:30 start time, this shorting the drivers by 1/2 hr. Thoughts on course of action?
The other side of this could simply be that the drivers didn't change the time already in the diad when they punched in early.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

Contract says, "uniform starting times except for Mondays!"

File a Griev, slam dunk!

UPSER1987

Umm...talking to the Sup would have been quicker/easier than posting here. Geez man

pbpa1225

I am a full time driver. I was trying more to seek thoughts from other drivers on the situation as I did confront the sup. He feed the standard “I have not fully reviewed the times” line.

One should not be considered weak for looking to their peers for guidance and if one sup is doing it then chances are other lemmings are as well and maybe another driver is too scared to ask the question. I plan on discussing with center manager and steward and dealing with this on Monday.

To answer another question, I am very capable of adjusting not only my start time accordingly within my DIAD, as well as adding my safety time and break and lunch properly. Thus this is what raised my concern when reviewing my time yesterday. I am more concerned with my fellow younger, more inexperienced drivers who do not have a clue as to their time and rely on the sups to properly take care of them.

Mooseknuckle

I am a full time driver. I was trying more to seek thoughts from other drivers on the situation as I did confront the sup. He feed the standard “I have not fully reviewed the times” line.

One should not be considered weak for looking to their peers for guidance and if one sup is doing it then chances are other lemmings are as well and maybe another driver is too scared to ask the question. I plan on discussing with center manager and steward and dealing with this on Monday.

To answer another question, I am very capable of adjusting not only my start time accordingly within my DIAD, as well as adding my safety time and break and lunch properly. Thus this is what raised my concern when reviewing my time yesterday. I am more concerned with my fellow younger, more inexperienced drivers who do not have a clue as to their time and rely on the sups to properly take care of them.
I didn't think that you were unable to operate your diad, I was just stating one possibility. I've seen that happen before.
Sounds like your supervisor is stealing time from you. Call that number, it will get fixed after that. If it doesn't, file with your state labor office.

Dr.Brownz

Ask supervisor why, document conversation with hourly witness, grievance.