Post office pkgs still in DIAD...

dropNbolt

...at least once a week I have 10-20 pieces still in board after I've sorted truck at PO. Last Monday there was 43. Takes me like 10 minutes to write last four #'s down then go in and manually scan and get them out.
Should I be wasting my time doing this, or should I just put not-found, not my problem if loader can't do job right......?

PT Car Washer

...at least once a week I have 10-20 pieces still in board after I've sorted truck at PO. Last Monday there was 43. Takes me like 10 minutes to write last four #'s down then go in and manually scan and get them out.
Should I be wasting my time doing this, or should I just put not-found, not my problem if loader can't do job right......?
Stealing time. Just hit not found and move on.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So you're recording packages you don't have on your car as delivered?

dropNbolt

I'm told by sup to do this.... I'm a casual and don't want to be paid over by doing this all the time.
Guessing my loader doesn't scan some pkgs that he throws into the bags.
Stealing time? I'm not one of those guys that hangs around the DIAD room for 45min waiting to punch out.... I scratch my route and go home, just want to know proper protocol on handling this issue.

PT Car Washer

I'm told by sup to do this.... I'm a casual and don't want to be paid over by doing this all the time.
Stealing time? I'm not one of those guys that hangs around the DIAD room for 45min waiting to punch out.... I scratch my route and go home, just want to know proper protocol on handling this issue.
Joking about the stealing time line. Of course your sup may not be joking when he accuses you of it.

Luv2gym

If you don't physically have the package, you're not supposed to show it as being delivered. The package count for po's include bags and loose packages. Not packages that you say your loader forgot to scan and put in the bag.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Ya maybe. But like you said, you are guessing.
You have no idea if you delivered them or not. Maybe they're in a bag, maybe they're on another car, maybe they're left in building.

If they want me to open up bags and scan individual pieces I've got no problem with that, but I'm not playing the game you're playing with falsifying records. Sounds like whoever is bagging the surepost needs to have a talking to.

PT Car Washer

Ya maybe. But like you said, you are guessing.
You have no idea if you delivered them or not. Maybe they're in a bag, maybe they're on another car, maybe they're left in building.

If they want me to open up bags and scan individual pieces I've got no problem with that, but I'm not playing the game you're playing with falsifying records. Sounds like whoever is bagging the surepost needs to have a talking to.
The only time you would open the bags and scan every package is when the bag label falls off. Happens a lot when the weather gets colder.

10 point

The only time you would open the bags and scan every package is when the bag label falls off. Happens a lot when the weather gets colder.
The supes can tell you what the bag #'s are if you call them and they can associate the bag pieces tracking #'s with the missing bag tracking number.
You can scan all the individual bag pkgs all you want to but the missing bag trkg no will stay in your board as missed.

10 point

If those are Misloads on another car or LIBs and they get delivered later someone's going to wonder why you said that you delivered them and then they showed delivered again by the other driver who actually does deliver them.
There'll be some explaining to do on your part when the multiple delivery report exposes it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I mean where do I start?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So these packages are already entered into your board?

How long have you been driving?

Johney

So what would happen if a couple of those you didn't find but fake scanned anyway show up on another car as a misload? Now they scan it as a misload? Me thinks you'd be in trouble.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Don't do that. Only record delivered packages. Anything else is falsifying records and is grounds for termination. If you can't find a package , hit "not found" and move on.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you put 43 packages for one stop as "Not Found" in my center our center manager would have a fit; however, you should not be manually entering them as being delivered when you did not physically scan them. That's just asking for trouble.