Post Package Handler Interview

Joshc123

During the interview the interviewer just basically asked me have I ever filled out an app with ups before, my work experience, and to verify my phone number and e-mail. Some people say they were offered additional things to fill out online were I was not, instead my status was changed from package handler to PRELOADER. I just sent a letter to the HR dept. of the ups facility in regards to the interview for them to keep me in consideration.

menotyou

bella amicizia
It takes awhile for the hire process;not so for the firing one.:panicsmiley:

LOL!!! j/k Don't lose hope. It just takes time for all the paperwork to make its way to the right desk, or they aren't in a major hurry to hire. You never know. It took a couple weeks for me to get hired, so don't lose hope just yet. :bigsmile2: Welcome to Brown Cafe, Joshc123.

S

splozi

After my initial walkthrough, my group was told that they will start calling people back for interviews immediately, but if we haven't received a call after one week, we can call back to check the status of things. This seems far more reasonable than "don't call us". I would give them a call, if you found a number. Or go down to the center at a reasonable hour and find out.

Faithless

Splozi I also recently had an interview with ups. Originally I applied for package handler position but after the interview (and tour), the HR lady changed my position to some "sales area management assistant"( which i was unaware of initally). I presented myself very professionally and was dressed business casually. Around 10 guys in waiting room. I found this extremely fishy and awkward that she changed my position without telling me. Granted I wasent the most rugged and built person in the room, I can easily pick up objects almost equal to my weight which is 160. Does that sound weird to any of you guys?

P.s. this is the ups store near the L train stop in brooklyn. Foster Ave.

S

splozi

Splozi I also recently had an interview with ups. Originally I applied for package handler position but after the interview (and tour), the HR lady changed my position to some "sales area management assistant"( which i was unaware of initally). I presented myself very professionally and was dressed business casually. Around 10 guys in waiting room. I found this extremely fishy and awkward that she changed my position without telling me. Granted I wasent the most rugged and built person in the room, I can easily pick up objects almost equal to my weight which is 160. Does that sound weird to any of you guys?

P.s. this is the ups store near the L train stop in brooklyn. Foster Ave.

As far as I am aware, UPS stores are franchises and not operated directly by UPS. When you applied as a package handler, were you applying to work at the center/hub, or at a UPS store?

Faithless

As far as I am aware, UPS stores are franchises and not operated directly by UPS. When you applied as a package handler, were you applying to work at the center/hub, or at a UPS store?

I was applying at the hub, I BELIEVE. During the tour i saw a good 100+ workers just loading trucks or working on the belt. It was a warehouse with security guards around every loading dock entrance. I'm pretty sure it was the warehouse at this point (sorry if I'm not using correct terminology). There were UPS Trucks coming and going every other minute. They had few offices located at the hub, near the waiting room and the HR office. Does it sound similar to the location you went to?

menotyou

bella amicizia
That sounds more like a hub/center-type building. Sounds like you are applying for preload. You can kindly explain that you are not interested in management, but they can kindly decide not to hire you.

Faithless

That sounds more like a hub/center-type building. Sounds like you are applying for preload. You can kindly explain that you are not interested in management, but they can kindly decide not to hire you.

I hope they dont reconsider. Im glad ive been given the opportunity. Its just the fact that I feel its more secure to get the package handling job, then it is the management assistant position. As much as i would love to get the higher paying job, I like to be more realistic about these situations. Hopefully you understand why I would feel this way.

Faithless

Being reluctant to join the kind people in management... I'm sure most of us understand.

Lol I can't tell if your exaggerating. But in all honesty I feel I won't get the job at the end of the day due to this sudden position change. For now I'm happy with a definite chance of $10.00/hr rather then a very small possibility of $17/hr.