Postal deliverer shot in DC

B

bowflex

We deliver merchandise worth thousands of dollars and we cant carry firearms. Some bank trucks have less monetary value than we do but they are vested and carry. Makes no sense

Sent from device_name using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We deliver merchandise worth thousands of dollars and we cant carry firearms. Some bank trucks have less monetary value than we do but they are vested and carry. Makes no sense.

If I were forced to carry a weapon as a condition of my employment I would look for work elsewhere.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
The only thing I worry about is hitting deer and dogs ambushing me at night. I wonder what the procedure or rules is for UPS drivers in suspected dangerous areas in city's. Anyone from DC or NYC that's can answer that?

upschuck

We deliver merchandise worth thousands of dollars and we cant carry firearms. Some bank trucks have less monetary value than we do but they are vested and carry. Makes no sense

Sent from device_name using BrownCafe App
What would that have done. Can't drive or deliver package one handed with gun pointed in other hand. The guy probably never knew what happened.

B

bowflex

I sure as hell would have shot the dog that attacked me the other day.all I had is my diad for defense. Luckily it was a young pitbull. My first reaction was jump ok n the hood of the car next to me. Then I got oissdd pulled out the diad and started swinging. The owner was crying for me not to hit the dog and a second later the dog lunged at my jaws wide. We should be able to carry some sort of weapon

Sent using BrownCafe App

Notretiredyet

At least give those who feel they need to wear one, the access to a Kevlar UPS vest. We have a package car with a bullet hole thru the dash from a robbery attempt, missed the driver by inches.

cino321

I work in the ghetto. You want the packages, take them. No one really messes with me though. Some routes in tough areas go out with armed guards, usually retired or active cops moonlighting. Best route to have, can't get OJS'd.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

The postal worker appears to have been shot by a concerned homeowner. Being allowed to carry would not have helped this situation, for it is likely the carrier never knew what hit him. And what kind of uproar would there have been if the carrier hadn't been hit with the first shot and had time to pull his weapon? Carriers and drivers getting into gun-battles with trigger-sensitive customers!