Potential employee with questions "on topic"

Cupcake

Hi, I don't work for UPS, but I've been thinking about applying for the package handler position. I have some questions first, though. I have Crohn's Disease, so if I need to use the bathroom when it's not break time, is it a big deal? I'm sure not all facilities are set up exactly the same way, but do they generally have several bathrooms around, or is there only one set of bathrooms? What about when there's a snowstorm or icy roads, and it's too dangerous to drive, will they get pissed if I call in? I know that the facility near me doesn't have heat or air conditioning, but what about facilities in places like Arizona, do they have air conditioning? I would greatly appreciate any information, thank you :)

km3

I have Crohn's Disease, so if I need to use the bathroom when it's not break time, is it a big deal?

I'm not familiar with the needs of people with Crohn's, but if you gotta go, you gotta go. If they have a problem, just mention OSHA and they usually back off.

What about when there's a snowstorm or icy roads, and it's too dangerous to drive, will they get :censored2: if I call in?

Yes. Attendance is a major issue in some buildings, mine included. The only reason I would call in during a snowstorm is because I know everyone else called in and I don't want to get stuck doing their work. In spite of that, I still show up, and so should you.

I know that the facility near me doesn't have heat or air conditioning, but what about facilities in places like Arizona, do they have air conditioning? I would greatly appreciate any information, thank you

No. Stay hydrated and adjust your pace based on the conditions.

Cementups

Box Monkey
You know you have Crohn's and what triggers it so plan accordingly with your food intake so it doesn't affect your work schedule. But if need be and you need to go to the bathroom, no they can not stop you from going to the bathroom if you need to go.