Potential New Hire

Bob Barker

Hello All,

I just went to an information session to be a driver, peak for right now, but the guy said everyone that makes it will be offered full time after peak. I do my drivers test tomorrow, which I am not worried about because I drove an ambulance for 16 years and firetruck for a little while.

Anyway they didn't give to much information at the information session. I know the drivers test is tomorrow. Do they do a DOT physical/drug test? After the drivers test how long does it typically take before you start?

KOG72

I’m full of it
DC6C855A-AE3B-408C-B236-D86329F35E49.gif
Good luck

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Hello All,

I just went to an information session to be a driver, peak for right now, but the guy said everyone that makes it will be offered full time after peak. I do my drivers test tomorrow, which I am not worried about because I drove an ambulance for 16 years and firetruck for a little while.

Anyway they didn't give to much information at the information session. I know the drivers test is tomorrow. Do they do a DOT physical/drug test? After the drivers test how long does it typically take before you start?

LIES
Insiders are garunteed the job first, the availability of being retained after peak is entirely dependent on the building.
If you were to be hired into my building, you would have to go back into the part time ranks for half a year before rebidding to FT.
In other buildings, that wait time could be much longer
Historically, it's been as long as 6 years.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
LIES
Insiders are garunteed the job first, the availability of being retained after peak is entirely dependent on the building.
If you were to be hired into my building, you would have to go back into the part time ranks for half a year before rebidding to FT.

^^This precisely.
With the exception that 1 out of every 5? 6? (A driver can clarify this number. Not sure the exact proportion.) may be hired "off the street". Which would mean that they could theoretically keep them after peak.

But your odds?
Not good. And get used to the lies, because it won't stop there.

Bob Barker

LIES
In other buildings, that wait time could be much longer
Historically, it's been as long as 6 years.

I guess I should clarify a bit. The guy did say we would drop to part time but they are so short on full time drivers if we get assigned a route, and not bulk or relief, we are pretty much going to be offered full time permanent as soon as peak is done.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I guess I should clarify a bit. The guy did say we would drop to part time but they are so short on full time drivers if we get assigned a route, and not bulk or relief, we are pretty much going to be offered full time permanent as soon as peak is done.
Please allow me to translate what the "guy" said via the Wallation process:

"So, we will use and abuse you during peak. After peak, we will string you along. We might use you in the unload if we don't throw you out like yesterday's trash".

Bob Barker

Please allow me to translate what the "guy" said via the Wallation process:

"So, we will use and abuse you during peak. After peak, we will string you along. We might use you in the unload if we don't throw you out like yesterday's trash".

Would have made for a more interesting session if he said that

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hello All,

How come the Fire dept. fired you

john chesney

Hello All,

Lesson number 1 for the new meat. Never believe anything ups hr or management tells you.

barnyard

KTM rider
Raise your hand and ask a freaking question.

FFS

And seeing as how you did not do that, try searching to see if the exact same question has been posted several times before.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I did a lot of Cocaine when I drove.
Only weekends and was always clean 1 month prior to my DOT Physical.

I am still friends with Cocaine........love being able to cut a line and snort when ever I want now that I am retired.