pottery barn, restoration hardware, grandinroad

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Sounds like money, both carriers are charging more for on oversized packages now. The shipper will just increase the price of said item, passing the increase onto the consumer. Someone ordering a sofa, rug, chairs, ect isn't doing it for the price generally, they are doing it for convenience. Much like convenience stores, you pay more for everyday items, this is no different.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Sounds like money, both carriers are charging more for on oversized packages now. The shipper will just increase the price of said item, passing the increase onto the consumer. Someone ordering a sofa, rug, chairs, ect isn't doing it for the price generally, they are doing it for convenience. Much like convenience stores, you pay more for everyday items, this is no different.
We didn't just increase the BS fee. We supposedly doubled it.

That should be nice for the bottom
Line.

Holydriver

i suppose i could really care less of pricing. ive had about 1 UPS delivery to my residence in about a year, and that was Chegg delivering my books. i dont order online and i hate people that do. but to me, there are 3 types of people that order stuff online. 1- the addicts that get a few boxes daily 2- those that get an item or two every week and 3- those that order boxes that i could sleep in, have them shipped back via call tag a few days later, and then reorder the item. #3 deserves death. theyre usually the person that will see you sweating the delivery and will sit there and watch you without even offering a helping hand. those poor turds dont know that asking the customer for help is an approved method...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Hate those 9 foot rugs because you know that I'm a week you'll get a call tag to pick that bitch up

Brownslave688

i suppose i could really care less of pricing. ive had about 1 UPS delivery to my residence in about a year, and that was Chegg delivering my books. i dont order online and i hate people that do. but to me, there are 3 types of people that order stuff online. 1- the addicts that get a few boxes daily 2- those that get an item or two every week and 3- those that order boxes that i could sleep in, have them shipped back via call tag a few days later, and then reorder the item. #3 deserves death. theyre usually the person that will see you sweating the delivery and will sit there and watch you without even offering a helping hand. those poor turds dont know that asking the customer for help is an approved method...
People that order online keep you employed. Wouldn't hate on them too much.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
People that order online keep you employed. Wouldn't hate on them too much.
I order online all the time. Not all deliveries are UPS. Tony filed 2 complaints with Fedex ground this week. The first for leaving 2 packages shipped by google that contained 2k worth of phones on top of the community mail box. The second complaint was for leaving an envelope shipped by google containing sim cards in the rain next to a wall down by the street.

The UPS guy always brings them up to the front door.

Brownslave688

I order online all the time. Not all deliveries are UPS. Tony filed 2 complaints with Fedex ground this week. The first for leaving 2 packages shipped by google that contained 2k worth of phones on top of the community mail box. The second complaint was for leaving an envelope shipped by google containing sim cards in the rain next to a wall down by the street.

I've left some stuff in interesting places but never in an area you're describing.

I mean 9 pm in the country down a long lane I've never been down. Yeah if I have a bag it's getting tied to a tree somewhere down the lane.

rod

Retired 22 years
The second complaint was for leaving an envelope shipped by google containing sim cards in the rain next to a wall down by the street.

And leaves them in the rain?:-)