Powerpad or DiAD holster ~ which side?

Which side on yo hip do use fo yo holster?

• Total voters

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
For me, i naturally use my left... the belt buckle is to your right if you do use yo seatbelt and gets in the way.

If u do place yo holster on your right hip, doesn't the buckle get in the way? Since i ride a gmc uhual boxtruck, i have no idea with those various stepvans.

UPS has docking stations for their Diads, so i guess there is no preference, but they can chime in as well, like Dave...

For teh womenz, if yo hipz r too wide, do you shift dat holster to da back or front, like a fanny pack? Just curious y'all

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Just another one of those annoyances I never have to concern myself with, thank God!

So I penned in "None a the above" :)

OrioN

There really is a fanny pack option? Any pics of this?

images

That's the idea of wearing it on the front... like having an elephant trunk between yo legs :greedy:

i still see a few brownies wearing that huge pouch still LoL

OrioN

Ha, u didn't put yo vote up, Cheeky!

Invite your brownie friends to add to the poll if u guys get sick of the repetitive dumb questions on your side

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I'm right handed so, it seems correct on my right hip.
I've worn it on my right hip in a 700 for years and now, the new Izuzu for a few months with no problems with the seat belt. ('cause I don't wear it)

McFeely

Huge Member
Right hip for me. I never had any issues with seatbelt interference except when I was driving a Dodge Journey rental during peak last year. The center console was in the way and there was no way to even wear the holster.

JLennea

Right side just behind my hip.
Same place I wear my holster so it's just natural muscle memory to reach there.
Tried to wear it on the left side and it was weird. I can't imagine fanny pack style.

I don't drive anymore though. So I don't have to worry about it.

SmithBarney

I just hold it in my teeth.... or right side..
Fun times when you take off your holster for break or some reason, and go to put away the ppad and just drop it to the ground..

Slick silver

I still am amazed at the fact that either FedEx or ups hasn't something smaller yet. I have been to lowes, Best Buy, and the apple stores and they all have I phones that have the scanner that attaches to the phone. It really can't be that hard to install the so called application into one of these smaller phones.

SmithBarney

I still am amazed at the fact that either FedEx or ups hasn't something smaller yet. I have been to lowes, Best Buy, and the apple stores and they all have I phones that have the scanner that attaches to the phone. It really can't be that hard to install the so called application into one of these smaller phones.

One of the biggest challenges is battery life, ours are ~4800mAh, standard iphone 1500-1600mAh
Ours at 4800 barely last a day with constant data connections etc...

Lowes and BB have the luxury of going back to the office and getting another fully charged unit when it runs out.
but they are also probably not using them as intensively as we are... the units we use from Motorola are rugged and rated for something like 1500drops from the 4ft... try dropping your iphone 1 time.. ;)

Slick silver

I just think about it from time to time though. All the technology out there that can be used and here we are using stuff that now like almost 10 years old

SmithBarney

I just think about it from time to time though. All the technology out there that can be used and here we are using stuff that now like almost 10 years old

Well its cost prohibitive, the MC9500 runs about $2,500, imagine trying to "keep up" with technology by purchasing the latest and greatest each year(100,000+ of them.) When the tool we have is working pretty well, I imagine it's easier. And our roll out for new devices has been pretty steady, Pre 2007 Tracker, Post 2007 First PPAD, 2009-11 to the current PPAD(MC9500) there is another in there, but I don't know it, the MC9500 is considered our 4th handheld.

We were told of a new PPAD rolling out in the near future, UPS just(1yr or so ago) switched to a smaller unit that looks close to the MC9500 in size. We were told the new one was smaller, but I love to search our intranet for fun stuff but I haven't come across it yet. Believe me, FDX has bean counters that will tell the BOSS when it's time to upgrade...

dex 84

No holster. Keep it in my doc bucket or sometimes I'll wedge it within arm's reach from the driver's seat. Only take it out of the truck with me if I need a signature.