Pray for my family and i

BROWN430

Well my wife and I have been separated for a month and a half now. We have 2 boys. 6 yrs. and 3yrs. We have let work take over our lives. As most of us know UPS is a time consuming and sometimes stressful job. My wife works from the home with her photography business and sellig suppliments. So when I get home she is usually ready to get out of the house for awhile to get away from the kids.Our oldest boy has tourrett syndrome. Sometimes he is not the easiest to deal with. I understand that, but all the work and financial issues have cause a lot of stress on our relationship. We tried counceling, to no evail. All of our closes friends have fried to help but she closes up and gets angry because people try to give advise. So now she is hangig and only talking to some of our friends that are going through the same thing. MISERY loves company. So now we both have attorneys and she wants a disolution. But if we can't agree it will be a divorce. I miss all 3 of them dearly. PLEASE pray for the restoration of our family. Pray that she will open her heart and mind to the love she once had for us. PLEASE pray and don't stop praying. I need my family

bigbrownhen

Prayers and best wishes to you and your family. I have personally never been in your situation, but there are others here on BC that have. I suggest you keep up with the counseling, for yourself and your kids. Your wife is her own person, and you can't control how she feels or her actions, all you can do is control how you deal with it. I am sorry for the situation you are in. I wish I had a better answer for you.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Hang in thee every day that seems bad, there will be a better one. If you divorce it is not the end of the world, or of you and her, but you will always be a father. Since that is the option you have been left with, be the best you can. Shallow words, but life does go on, tho it seems miserable now. Your kids need you. Let her figure it out, you be Dad, and let the chips fall. If she wont go to counseling, you cant force her, but you can go, for you and them. She will lose by not seeking help, you dont have to.

ups1990

I haven't posted her in quite some time, but feel compelled to reply to your post Brown. I will pray for you and your family, that it be restored as a united family.
You're right!, this job is very stressful and time consuming. I have to pray to God every morning, for guidance, to be the best husband, father, brother, friend and worker that I can be. There are many distractions in the world that can take our mind, money and time away from what is truly important, family. May the LORD, bless us and keep us

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I will also keep you in your prayers. I would also like to suggest that if your parting is mutual you may be able to use a mediator rather than attorneys, which would save you guys a boatload of cash. As long as the divorce is mutual and amicable you should be just fine with a mediator.

I`m sorry that i`m not of a religious mindset to offer you prayers but I do have faith in the ideals that if there is a God this is the exact kind of challenge he want`s you to face. Marriage is not disposable, something to give up on when the road gets tough. I`m not saying they should never happen but your story doesn`t strike me as being one of those occasions. First and foremost to remember is that the center of your universe is those two boys. To not make any decision that does not address their needs and best interests would be selfish and should be avoided at all costs.

My opinion is you should keep working to find help for all of you and not make a decision you may regret. Maybe that in it`s own way is a prayer for you.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I don't know you, but I have prayed for you. Each morning I pray for all of my fellow UPS'ers, as well as the members here on Brown Cafe. I specifically pray that God would protect us throughout our individual days and that we would get home safely to our loved ones, whether that's Mom and Dad, Husband or Wife, Boyfriend or Girlfriend or whomever. I pray for healing of sickness, protection from death and calamity and for a peaceful day.

I will start praying for the protection of our relationships, because nothing is guaranteed, not even tomorrow.

[video=youtube;tLCRUWCETK4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLCRUWCETK4[/video]