PRAYING FOR NEGOTIATORS TO GET US A GREAT CONTRACT!!!!

over9five

Staff member
Really, THIS is what you guys should be looking for. The guys praying, cheerleading, and hoping for a strike IMO, aren't thinking it through. (Seriously, some of you sound idiotic).
We PAY those negotiators a boatload of money to do their job. Let's allow them to do it before we want a strike. Remember, if we strike:

The negotiators continue to get paid.
UPS management continues to get paid.
Teamster management continues to get paid.

It's only us that won't get paid, because THEY couldn't get the job done.

Now I voted to authorize a strike. If the negotiators really come to an impasse, I'm walking. I'm old, my house is paid off, I have no mortgage, and I have plenty of money in the bank. I could be out a long time with no worries.
But some of you young guys will be in some deep doo doo. Say we're out 3 months, that's a lot of bills piling up, and you low seniority people may not be called back for even longer. I suspect that if a strike went long, everyone would be called back for Peak, but big time layoffs after.

Just something to think about. Hope instead that those negotiators will come out with a fantastic contract for us!

Really, THIS is what you guys should be looking for. The guys praying, cheerleading, and hoping for a strike IMO, aren't thinking it through. (Seriously, some of you sound idiotic).
We PAY those negotiators a boatload of money to do their job. Let's allow them to do it before we want a strike. Remember, if we strike:

Now I voted to authorize a strike. If the negotiators really come to an impasse, I'm walking. I'm old, my house is paid off, I have no mortgage, and I have plenty of money in the bank. I could be out a long time with no worries.
But some of you young guys will be in some deep doo doo. Say we're out 3 months, that's a lot of bills piling up, and you low seniority people may not be called back for even longer. I suspect that if a strike went long, everyone would be called back for Peak, but big time layoffs after.

Just something to think about. Hope instead that those negotiators will come out with a fantastic contract for us!
It seems like some people want to strike, just for the heck of it.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!

Thank you. I’m trying.

In case you didn’t know. I’m a self appointed negotiator now. I’ll make your wildest dreams come true

upschuck

At least you can get some OT here, being a moderator and all.

Exactly! We could get the best contract ever, and some of these people would want to strike anyhow.
It's not a game...
Some people hate the company so bad, they want to inflict some damage to the company.
I can certainly understand that feeling considering how some are treated . But we need to keep a level head here. I don't have a pribpro voting the contract down and striking if it came down to that but I'ma not going on strike just to get a little time off.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

I think it has to do with pent up anger. workers are frustrated and tired of
the harassment
the overworking
the way workers are treated ....as a number and not as a human.

workers want justice. they want the company to be punished. they want to be treated right. i don't think it is about the money .

it's hard to understand that UPS is not a person. It is a business and every decision is purely a business/bottomline decision.

workers have to treat these contract negotiations as a business decision also. security for your families. security for your future.

a strike may be necessary . a LAST resort. an absolutely last resort. no one wins in a strike.

we did not win in 1997.

over9five

Staff member
Some people hate the company so bad, they want to inflict some damage to the company.
I can certainly understand that feeling considering how some are treated . But we need to keep a level head here. I don't have a pribpro voting the contract down and striking if it came down to that but I'ma not going on strike just to get a little time off.
A lot of these guys are thinking it's a vacation and a big party. Maybe it is for a week or two, but if it goes a few months, lives will be changed...

F

Frankie's Friend

Hopefully it all works out, this is my last contract.
I could go another 15. I'm really looking forward to the new business model that takes care of management and hourly at the same time.
The drivers are the face of UPS so it's good to see that the company wants to dilute their pay scale over time with these new Hybrid jobs. They're looking out for us. Since they only net 5 billion yearly they may as well drag negotiations out.

Get real.

We didnt get where we are by being doormats.

I could go another 15. I'm really looking forward to the new business model that takes care of management in hourly at the same time.
The drivers are the face of UPS so it's good to see that the company once a dilute their pay scale over time with these new Hybrid jobs. Their looking out for us. Since they only net 5 billion yearly they may as well drag negotiations out.

Get real.

We didnt get where we are by being doormats.
I could go longer but the wife and I are going to enjoy ourselves. Life is too short