Pre-load "Scan %"

To: Management

STOP harassing your pre-loaders about his or her scan percentage. Your UPS Pre-loader can not scan every single package especially on heavy volume days. We are sorry if we can not meet your impossible 100% total packages scanned on a daily basis; we are not robots, we are human beings. We work to not misload WITH OR WITHOUT THE SCANNER, not to meet your 'scan %' for the building / belt.

wilberforce15

If they want to be upset about scan percentage, then hit the scan percentage and let the production die. When they yell about production, hit that and let the scan percentage die.

Do whatever they've yelled most recently about. That's working as directed, since doing all of the methods and hitting production is impossible. Put the ball in their court to fix it, adjust their expectations, or add people. Something has to give.

watdaflock?

STOP harassing your pre-loaders about his or her scan percentage. Your UPS Pre-loader can not scan every single package especially on heavy volume days. We are sorry if we can not meet your impossible 100% total packages scanned on a daily basis; we are not robots, we are human beings. We work to not misload WITH OR WITHOUT THE SCANNER, not to meet your 'scan %' for the building / belt.

UPS doesn't have all pre-loaders scan.

Hope this helps.

GenericUsername

I love their games. They want me to scan? Okay, well, no more writing HINs. Drivers will get pissed and then I'm told to write HINs... So no more scanning. Want scanning and HINs? Well, guess who's stacking out! Don't want me to stack out? No more scanning!.... Rinse and repeat til they leave you alone and you go back to what you were doing before.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Slow down and scan everyone.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

I get 100 percent

I have a 1.3k assignment and they want it done in 4.5 hours no stacking writing the full car number and hin and scan every box when the scanner is so bad it’ll take 3-4 seconds a box?? Good luck with that. I get 60% scanned a day, no misloads ever and they keep there mouths shut.

Days

Slow down and scan everyone.

I always wonder about these people that say this. Do you know what it's like to work the pre-load? Every time you stack out, the job only gets harder. Lifting 50+ paper boxes off the floor, no egress, no space for over 70's. lol. The only person stacking out hurts is yourself at the end of the day when all your coworkers have already left and you got 3 sups watching you suffer .

I've seen first hand people try this whole "slow down " thing and the sups could really just care less. It only makes your job harder, and makes your loads terrible

specter208

I always wonder about these people that say this. Do you know what it's like to work the pre-load? Every time you stack out, the job only gets harder. Lifting 50+ paper boxes off the floor, no egress, no space for over 70's. lol. The only person stacking out hurts is yourself at the end of the day when all your coworkers have already left and you got 3 sups watching you suffer .

I've seen first hand people try this whole "slow down " thing and the sups could really just care less. It only makes your job harder, and makes your loads terrible
So Your saying you want the preloader to be sprinting in and out of the cars carrying a crap load of packages with stuff falling out of their hands to keep from being stacked out? I think stacking is a viable work tactic if done in an orderly way. I personally try to give equal love to all the cars but if I can't keep up I will stack the heavier truck or trucks and keep the other ones alive until the flow slows down or I get help.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

So if they speed up things more, you will just work faster and faster?

Days

In my hub, they can only shove it out so fast. My advice is to make sure you can get the job done safely and if you need to cut corners sometimes than that's ok. You'd be surprised how fast you can load if you don't write HINS. If your scanner keeps having trouble, keep restarting, and continue loading while it's rebooting.

I say this, because I don't think stacking out until you lose egress is a safe method. It just hurts your body having to squeeze through small areas carrying packages.

Junkyard Willie

Every day, around 8-30 to 9:00, the drivers show up talkin' trash because I'm fiddling with some half-:censored2: piece of garbage that's on the blink rather than loading. Packages everywhere...huge mess. It gets real fun when I tell them "Calm your a$$es down and don't load a damn thing 'til I scan it! Focus on finding the early air I lost somewhere between the 2000's and 7000's." I get moved around a lot.

Rabbit

I dont know about the building but as loaders we are expected to scan every package its our job we are also expected to keep our pph at at a certain point and keep misloads down

Poop Head

Judge me.
I love their games. They want me to scan? Okay, well, no more writing HINs. Drivers will get :censored2: and then I'm told to write HINs... So no more scanning. Want scanning and HINs? Well, guess who's stacking out! Don't want me to stack out? No more scanning!.... Rinse and repeat til they leave you alone and you go back to what you were doing before.
Are you a driver or a preloader?? Your posts say you're both, but your username is too generic

Dragon

Package Center Manager

UPS Pre-loaders WORLDWIDE...you can and you will.

Thanks for not misloading.

See you tomorrow.