Pregnacy in Rape is God's Intent!

BrownArmy

you really think less restrictions on abortions would cause abortions to go down....

That's the case in some European countries.

How could that be?

To (very loosely) quote Senator Daniel Moynihan:

"You're entitled to your own opinion, but you're not entitled to your own facts."

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If you're serious about reducing abortion, the most important issue is not which abortions to ban. The most important issue is how will you support women to have the babies they want. As a general rule, societies that do the most to support mothers and child-bearing have the fewest abortions. Societies that do the least to support mothers and child-bearing have more abortions.

Interesting article.

M

MenInBrown

That's the case in some European countries.

How could that be?

To (very loosely) quote Senator Daniel Moynihan:

"You're entitled to your own opinion, but you're not entitled to your own facts."

then the fact that says otherwise???

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Whether or not a pregnancy that results from a rape is "Gods intent" it pretty much irrelevant.

What is relevant...is whether or not our elected government will pass laws that force a rape victim to bear the child to term. We are a secular nation, not a religious one, and our laws ought to reflect that fact.

My earlier post regarding a hypothetical male pregnancy was not meant to offend anyone or be grotesque. It was meant to point out the fact that it is quite easy for a self-righteous male politician.... who wont get raped and who cannot get pregnant... to sit in an armchair, thump a Bible, and pass lofty moral judgements about what rape victims "ought" to do if they become pregnant.

UPS Lifer

Whether or not a pregnancy that results from a rape is "Gods intent" it pretty much irrelevant.

What is relevant...is whether or not our elected government will pass laws that force a rape victim to bear the child to term. We are a secular nation, not a religious one, and our laws ought to reflect that fact.

My earlier post regarding a hypothetical male pregnancy was not meant to offend anyone or be grotesque. It was meant to point out the fact that it is quite easy for a self-righteous male politician.... who wont get raped and who cannot get pregnant... to sit in an armchair, thump a Bible, and pass lofty moral judgements about what rape victims "ought" to do if they become pregnant.

With all due respect...
In America, this is absolute fantasy as was your hypothetical. It would never happen EVER. Roe vs Wade will not be overturned either, just like we will never go back to segregation.

People who are on the fringe right and left may pose insane policies... but America is a centrist country and will only take so much before pushing back. You will NEVER have a majority of politicians who will allow this.

island1fox

Where exactly, because as probably you know there is no such country as Europe...

??????? People do live in Europe !! People do live in Asia. People do live in North America. People do live in South America.

I could go on with the geography lesson ---but I think it would be wiser if you rephased your question !!!:happy-very:

Just_another_day_at_work

Do you actually read what I write?! I wasn't lecturing.
I asked caharell5 what country he was working in, not what continent he was in...
Romania is in different shape then let's say Germany from economic standpoint (if fiat ponzi money matters) and they are in the same continent.