Preload 5 trucks

vikings19

Hi i was just wondering if it is wrong for them to give me 5 trucks every other day.I have one of the hardest drops on my pen and its 4 trucks. The drop next to me is 3 trucks and gets a spit truck all the time. For the last 2 months they have been giving me the split car for that drop because the person working that drop recently injured his elbow. I was fine with that until about 3 weeks ago they put a new hire there and now that truck is basically mine. I'm not one to complain and never but I'm getting this split truck every other day and got it all of last week and its really taking a toll on my body. I am a very hard worker and feel they are taking advantage of me. Am i wrong to feel this way I've been with the company about 9 months now.

Also having a new pt sup doesn't help.

nystripe96

They did something similar with me on the twi shift. I'm a very hard worker, so to my detriment they put me in the trailer that jams up more than any other on my belt. It is so hard to break jams on that truck just due to the way the belt is configured. Everyone in my PD calls it the bitttch truck

anonymous4

That's why you have the luxury of working at your pace. The downside to this is you're going to have to make a choice between being buddies with management or working at a 10$/hour pace. Just keep in mind that the pressure and greed has infected most everyone above you in this company and no amount of work will be enough once you show you're the one "stupid enough" to do good. It is a twisted concept but will undoubtedly be proven true with time/experience inside.

UPSER110

The one any only time they gave me 5 trucks I stacked everything at the 1st truck until they sent someone down to load it. In my opinion 4 trucks is too much, everyone should have 3, the guys that split should have 2. Slow down, do your job 100%, and dont have any missloads. You better believe they will come back on you if you have a missload while loading 5 trucks. Think if all the sudden no one could load 4 trucks they would have to hire people.

vikings19

Well for everyone in my HUB the average is 4 they have very few 3 truck drops and those are either for the injured the old and the very lazy people. Thanks for the advice upser and i usually do that as well for the 5th truck I just stack it all inside and in front of the truck and work on the flowand wait for them to send someone but my supervisor is horrible and lets it sit and doesn't send anyone until the drivers are ready to go. I've been slowing down these past 2 weeks so they can see how backed up my drop gets with the 5 trucks they give me.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
work as instructed, work safely, do your best, and don't worry about anything else

if you can't keep up or you start having misloads, that's your PT supe's problem, and if he gives you any crap, just remind him of that

klolx

The one any only time they gave me 5 trucks I stacked everything at the 1st truck until they sent someone down to load it. In my opinion 4 trucks is too much, everyone should have 3, the guys that split should have 2. Slow down, do your job 100%, and dont have any missloads. You better believe they will come back on you if you have a missload while loading 5 trucks. Think if all the sudden no one could load 4 trucks they would have to hire people.

I agree that we should only have 3 trucks. 4 trucks is definitely too much even though I can do it, I still think its just too much but whatever, it is what it is.

curiousbrain

How many pieces are you loading total in the 5 trucks? If it's over 1200 that's a problem. If your at 900 to a 1000 then it's manageable.

I agree; 5 trucks with 150 pieces in each is .... probably not a big deal. 5 trucks with 380 in each, and each with a bulk stop, then yeah, that's a problem.

That being said, there certainly is a problem with trying to "work up the belt" when your last truck is 90 feet away or what not.

What is the UOW count? Bulk stops? Details.

ryansox

Holy crap 5...... I load 2 12X12 (or something like that) trucks with about 800-1000 boxes. I couldn't image loading 5 trucks...........

anonymouse

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I've been working at UPS as a preloader for two1/2 months now and since the first day they gave me 5 truck(4 trucks for one day a week) that average out about 1,250 boxes a day(940 one the 4 truck day, the truck is all businesses) I've had about TWO MISLOADS A DAY and fear for my job. I tried explaining that its too hard for me but they said I have the least seniority and cannot get the easier drops cause the others have been there longer. Also on the 4 truck days I've never had a misload.

Floyd Gondolli

Just remember that everything you walk into the truck check that PAL, even after you split it and you have your "stacks". Concentrate on your methods, don't worry about speed, that will come. They can't put the misload blame on you if you had help loading. Again, double check that PAL.

djkre8r

I learned the hard way... show them you can do it and it will be yours! You may have already showed them you can do 5 trucks.

Random_Facts

I had 5 trucks christmas season. (Need I say more). I'm a hard worker as well. More work, only because they know you'll do it in the end. What I've learned over the years, slow down, take your time. Talk with your driver, if you do a good job loading for him/her. They can get you down on package cars. I now load 3 trucks. Talk about paradise. :D.