Preload: getting moved to a harder pull

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
So I've been at the same pull for about a year and a half now, I have a great relationship with my drivers and know where they like their :censored2: and what to do to make their day the easiest when :censored2: blows up. Job wasn't too bad, I was very busy but hardly ever overwhelmed.

Here recently the new girl next to, a very hard worker I'll add, was struggling and they would always ask me to help during the shift to which I argued that I would if I had the time but I need to make sure that my pull is in shape before I worry about her, and I also added I will absolutely always help at the end of day when my job is done.

That worked for a week or so then suddenly my pt sup thinks it's just the :censored2:ing best idea ever to put me over there. I said well you're the boss so here I go I guess and let me tell you guys that pull is the worst I don't see how anybody could legitimately keep up with it and it definitely isn't worth my measly 12 an hour wage.

I was struggling as well always had a HUGE mess at the end from dumped cages, which my ft sup came over and sorted out for me to avoid wrong cars and avoid a safety hazard. She did this for the actual 2 non Monday days that I actually tried to keep up with it. (On Monday's it's dropped too a 3 car pull and I can handle it fine)

Today though I decided I did not care one :censored2:ing bit and I just let it back up. Grabbing my 3 to 5 out of each cage and letting the rest go by. A few minutes after break I literally had 2 people come to my pull and help me but interestingly before she sent my 2 helpers my ft sup inspected the inside of all my pc's. Not sure what she was doing and I definitely don't want to have to continue dealing with this :censored2:ing pull for the rest of my time on preload. I qualify to drive at the end of next month. Advice please?

TL;DR: got moved to a bull :censored2: pull and I want to me moved back home what can I do

trickpony1

If you are planning on driving soon suck it up and work as directed.

Correct.

Don't EVER tell management what you are or are not gonna do....especially if it's in retaliation for their stupidity. To do so puts a target on your back and they will be watching.

Keep your mouth shut and work at a safe pace.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Correct.

Don't EVER tell management what you are or are not gonna do....especially if it's in retaliation for their stupidity. To do so puts a target on your back and they will be watching.

Keep your mouth shut and work at a safe pace.

So are you saying i shouldn't have told them I might be driving soon?

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
You have to work as directed anyway. Now you could slow way down and file Anytime a sup touches a package.

But respectfully you'd be an idiot to make waves before driving.

Alright that's sound I could see that. I guess my only option here is to literally do my best and just work as fast and as safe as possible.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Work safely and quickly but there's no
Need to kill yourself b

Yeah I'm just going to go in and do my job to the best of my ability without sacrificing my safety. I mean I can only do what I can do so, if they come to harass me I'll just tell them I'm doing my best and I wouldn't even be lying about it. Thanks man

km3

What they said. Just in case it hasn't been hammered home, though...

they would always ask me to help during the shift to which I argued that I would if I had the time but I need to make sure that my pull is in shape before I worry about her

If they "ask," your response should be to "ask" whether you can focus on yours for the time being. Or just get straight to the point, and ask "am I being directed to do such-and-such?"

I was struggling as well always had a HUGE mess at the end from dumped cages, which my ft sup came over and sorted out for me to avoid wrong cars and avoid a safety hazard.

Ask your supervisors why they're working. File if they don't stop.

TL;DR: got moved to a bull :censored2: pull and I want to me moved back home what can I do

Nothing. Where you work is at the discretion of your supervisors. Just do what you do, work as directed, shut up, and shrug all the crap they throw at you off.

Brisket

IMG_4592.JPG

Damn man, you were the one asking opinions... have you tried talking to your steward?

Brisket

You don't have to like him, just do your job, and he is there to help you out if you have questions that no one else can answer.

Brisket

Respectfully, :censored2: that

Edit: I also inspect my old cars during break, they look like :censored2: and I'm sure my drivers aren't happy.

Not your problem, if your drivers don't like the new loader, they can complain until they put you back there ( don't hold out hope for that-but it COULD happen.).

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I was stuck on an awful pull at the front of the belt. I worked hard and quickly but still got backed up. After 2 weeks my supervisor put me on an easier pull towards the end of the belt.
Now my pull averages about 500 packages combined across 3 trucks.

I do my thing and no one bothers me. :thumbup:

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
I was stuck on an awful pull at the front of the belt. I worked hard and quickly but still got backed up. After 2 weeks my supervisor put me on an easier pull towards the end of the belt.
Now my pull averages about 500 packages combined across 3 trucks.

I do my thing and no one bothers me. :thumbup:

Nice. Mine is about 750ish for 3 trucks. Super easy bottom cage. Always the first one done but I help out the rest of the line when im done and no one bothers me