Preload Initiative

curiousbrain

How is everyone else dealing with this garbage?

It's a mountain of paperwork, designed to assign blame, as far as I can tell.

Not really my responsibility, but it seems to be punted down to me to do.

Yes, Mr. Division Manager Sir, I have completed this spreadsheet, and all is well!

curiousbrain

Yes, Mr. Division Manager Sir, I have completed this spreadsheet, and all is well!

And, let's not forget UPX90 or whatever the acronym for the latest crap is.

Ugh. My indifference is astonishing.

TxRoadDawg

Gotta love the punt down bull****. Meanwhile the evening oms walks in late and leaves 3hours later and never gets extra shot to do. Dam I checked the wrong box on that eeoc form...

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Gotta love the punt down bull****. Meanwhile the evening oms walks in late and leaves 3hours later and never gets extra shot to do. Dam I checked the wrong box on that eeoc form...

haters14.jpg
haters14.jpg

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
Just wanted to post something in the rare, new thread in the management section. I don't like to miss out on these few occasions.

I don't really know what you are talking about, but yes, I hate random BS reports that have nothing to do with anything...trying to fix things that aren't broken, and ultimately making things worse.

Gazelle

Race me!
It's a ton of paperwork just like UP90X, cornerstone packets, LQ audits, observations... By continually adding paperwork, the overall quality of that paperwork goes down. I mean who has a half hour to dedicate to a SWM?

curiousbrain

It's a ton of paperwork just like UP90X, cornerstone packets, LQ audits, observations... By continually adding paperwork, the overall quality of that paperwork goes down. I mean who has a half hour to dedicate to a SWM?

I did a few observations last week, and was told "you have to write more in the feedback section." Nevermind I already had a damn paragraph in there; I was sat down, and given this huge speech about "pretend you are the employee" and all this garbage.

So, I brought it home with me, and I wrote a two page essay, stapled it to the observation form, and will give it back tomorrow.

Gazelle

Race me!
I did a few observations last week, and was told "you have to write more in the feedback section." Nevermind I already had a damn paragraph in there; I was sat down, and given this huge speech about "pretend you are the employee" and all this garbage.

So, I brought it home with me, and I wrote a two page essay, stapled it to the observation form, and will give it back tomorrow.

I work another job and I go to school full time. I never take work home, I don't get paid enough.

Also, I recently received an email from my center manager about misloads. The email basically said that the on car sups can no longer shuttle misloads or take out LIBs. He said anything that was LIB is now the PT sups job to shuttle out...

curiousbrain

I work another job and I go to school full time. I never take work home, I don't get paid enough.

Also, I recently received an email from my center manager about misloads. The email basically said that the on car sups can no longer shuttle misloads or take out LIBs. He said anything that was LIB is now the PT sups job to shuttle out...

I don't get paid enough either, obviously, but I just did it because it amuses me - and out of spite.

They try that garbage here, too; I've shagged a few here and there, but I also live 45 miles away from the center. They tried to tell me one time, when I was a belt sup, that I had to shag all the misloads - I laughed them out of the office.

Tell him to go out in his 50k Lexsus and take care of the misloads hisself!!Im sure his fat gut could use a little excersise!!You know he makes too much and does too little!!!!!!!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Tell him to go out in his 50k Lexsus and take care of the misloads hisself!!Im sure his fat gut could use a little excersise!!You know he makes too much and does too little!!!!!!!
If it's the DM I think he is talking about, the guy is more frugal than Scrooge himself. Drives a crap car and has barely a modest home.

*all due respect* :wink2:

Dragon

Package Center Manager

You sir are getting dumped on. Where I am at its the friend/T P/L Supervisor who has worked too do, you just need to work on making sure every package has a the HIN and is in the right truck.

Do you have the program where you can use the scanner to scan the truck and it will tell you if its a misload, add/cut not moved etc??

Oh about the observation you mentioned. Keep working on it every one is having a tough time with it. You have to cover 8 items.

TxRoadDawg

That will last until the first time the DM reams the center manager out for excessive part timer overtime hours, or worse let a part timer shuttling misloads get in a wreck in their PERSONAL vehicle with injuries.

Gazelle

Race me!
I told my center manager to his face that it's not my job, I work my 5.5 and I have other obligations. I went out one time and I was so tired and I had no idea where this driver was. I almost hit a parked car looking for him. I try my best to have nothing missed and zero misloads, and that's where my job ends.

curiousbrain

You sir are getting dumped on. Where I am at its the friend/T P/L Supervisor who has worked too do, you just need to work on making sure every package has a the HIN and is in the right truck.

I wouldn't disagree with you - but, as someone who is at a higher level of management than I am, obviously, I don't have to tell you that it is never good enough. Get every PAL on the right box, and in the right truck, and it will just be something else. We have to find that efficiency somewhere.

Do you have the program where you can use the scanner to scan the truck and it will tell you if its a misload, add/cut not moved etc??

Known as PMD, or the Preload Misload Detection tool, yep, we have it. It is apparently my job to make sure it works everytime. There are quite a few problems with it, but chief among them, is that when the belt sups do not close out the GSS scanners properly (i.e. active loads - Exit App, Logout, etc), that it doesn't show in PMD but it shows in the I-Gate GSS Scancheck report. That's not my fault, but I'm chewed out for it anyway. Sweet.

Oh about the observation you mentioned. Keep working on it every one is having a tough time with it. You have to cover 8 items.

This is a sensitive spot for me, so I will think long and hard about what I want to say; and, you are not my center manager so I am not addressing you personally, but rather, I am just commenting in general.

Staff your ******ing operation properly and actually back me up on discipline, so I don't have to work every damn day; BUT, no, that is a problem because the production is set too high, from idiots who haven't worked a day on Preload since before NDA. Show me how to do my job better, and I will - but you can't, because it can't be done. When I have more time, I'll give a crap about the observation - until then, take the garbage I write and be satisfied with it. If that's not enough, you'll get my spite stapled to the observation every week because I am demonstrating how little I care by going overboard.

Again, that last bit is not you personally, it's just the messed up system in general.

Justaname

Actually it's hourly work.

TxRoadDawg

Actually it's hourly work.
actually its hourly work to get the boxes ON the RIGHT car to start with.