I think it's really a shame how preload supervisors do not care AT ALL about what happens to the driver after dispatch so long as their own production numbers are hitting the mark. Ive worked on the preload a very long time and have noticed a steady decrease in the standards that the people loading package cars are held to. I am often asked to go help other loaders wrap their pulls and am always amazed at how horribly and carelessly their cars are loaded. I wonder if they dont understand the way the sequencing works(dont load a 2000 under an 8000) or if they just decided doing it the right way is too much work. Either way it should be unacceptable. I think that the loaders dont care because they know their managers care even less. As long as it gets on the right truck and out the door they are satisfied...the driver can deal with the mess. There are never any load-quality audits performed anymore....EVER. And just once at a PCM id like to hear a sup say something like "lets really focus on getting these cars loaded in good order, these drivers work hard enough without having to re-sort their entire truck, thats your job." The fact is, they never say that because they dont care. My preload puts out a really crappy product, REALLY crappy! I'm ashamed to be a part of it.. But as long as the numbers look good the preload sups think everything is just fine. Reality doesnt matter, just the numbers. Thats why I always tell the new loaders to approach it as if they work for the drivers, not the supervisors. Its not all the sups fault though. I guess they cant train somebody to take pride in their work if they dont already. I guess these days its hard enough just getting people who will show up every day and keep up with the pace.
Its a problem that really should be addressed.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I think it's really a shame how preload supervisors do not care AT ALL about what happens to the driver after dispatch so long as their own production numbers are hitting the mark. Ive worked on the preload a very long time and have noticed a steady decrease in the standards that the people loading package cars are held to. I am often asked to go help other loaders wrap their pulls and am always amazed at how horribly and carelessly their cars are loaded. I wonder if they dont understand the way the sequencing works(dont load a 2000 under an 8000) or if they just decided doing it the right way is too much work. Either way it should be unacceptable. I think that the loaders dont care because they know their managers care even less. As long as it gets on the right truck and out the door they are satisfied...the driver can deal with the mess. There are never any load-quality audits performed anymore....EVER. And just once at a PCM id like to hear a sup say something like "lets really focus on getting these cars loaded in good order, these drivers work hard enough without having to re-sort their entire truck, thats your job." The fact is, they never say that because they dont care. My preload puts out a really crappy product, REALLY crappy! I'm ashamed to be a part of it.. But as long as the numbers look good the preload sups think everything is just fine. Reality doesnt matter, just the numbers. Thats why I always tell the new loaders to approach it as if they work for the drivers, not the supervisors. Its not all the sups fault though. I guess they cant train somebody to take pride in their work if they dont already. I guess these days its hard enough just getting people who will show up every day and keep up with the pace.

I was gonna ask if you’re new, but you say you’ve been on preload a long time. So my next question is, what kinda drugs do you use? It’s been like this for over five years now. As a matter of fact, not only does preload not care. NOBODY cares anymore. UPS is a machine, and they make a lot of money. And they pay me a lot of money. Story over.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
NOBODY cares anymore.
I care Mr Poopy Pants
download.jpeg

AlliSeeisBrown

Not sure what you're talkin about. Haven't had any misloads, anything on the wrong shelf, and have had a walk-able truck since this entire...

last 5 minutes.

TheFigurehead

Thats why I always tell the new loaders to approach it as if they work for the drivers, not the supervisors.

But they don't. They work as directed, just like anyone else... and if they want to make it through their probation period, and not paint a target on their back, they should continue to work as directed. The problem is UPS, not the preloaders. They take no pride in their work as they are told to put the boxes in the truck as fast as possible to maintain preloads "numbers". The preload sups boss gives no :censored2:s if the truck is neat or not... it's all a numbers game. If the sup meets his numbers, his boss won't yell at him because his boss's boss didn't yell at him, etc... UPS turned it into a numbers game, and that's the only metric they care about. Nothing will change unless something in Atlanta changes (so... nothing will change).

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive

But preloaders, don't work for the drivers...I agree that supervisors care more about getting the packages loaded more so than doing it in order, but the work can be pretty daunting for $11 an hour. Especially if your sorters suck. Occasionally they let people know about friend'ed up loads, but they're supervisors and want to do as little work as possible after training you. I think every loader should have to go out with one of the drivers or all of the drivers of the PC's they load just to know what the hell they're having to deal with, especially if they are looking to become drivers themselves. You should load your trucks like your going to be the one driving it later. But, a lot of problems could be fixed by IE. This is why I've always felt unions kinda suck. Lots of good things, but you reward people for their commitment rather than their ability in way too many cases and it can bring the whole operation down.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Wow that's quiet the revelation

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Happens because the preload team is happy when enough people show up.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

Preload couldn't care less that they screwed Delivery.
Delivery couldn't care less that they screwed the Hub.
The Hub couldn't care less that they screwed Feeders.
Feeders couldn't care less that they screwed the Preload.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Preload could care less that they screwed Delivery.
Delivery could care less that they screwed the Hub.
The Hub could care less that they screwed Feeders.
Feeders could care less that they screwed the Preload.

giphy.gif
Shut it down @Monkey Butt . That's all everyone needs to know.