Preload pay question

LCM99

I started here last September or October as a preloader. I currently make $10.50/hour & under the current contract after my first year (Sept or Oct) I'll make $11.00/hour. If the proposed contract passes (or one similar), it looks like the starting wage will become $11.00, so I'm assuming I would be bumped to that Aug. 1, correct? Then the 1 year mark would I be bumped to $11.50 or .70 more, or both? Also would the one year increase still be my "actual" one year (Sept./Oct.) or one year from the Aug 1st increase? Sorry, still trying to figure out this contract wording.

Thanks for the help.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'm gonna just answer before anyone flames you to just search for the answer that has been posted many times before.

I'm in the same situation.
70 cent raise August 1st ($11.20). Then on your one year anniversary, you will be entitled to no less than what new hires will make at their one year mark ($11.50). Basically this contract got you a whopping 50 cent raise this year, that's your share of the 4 billion a year in profits UPS is making. Congrats and enjoy.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Sorry i'm a little slow with numbers unless they're on cardboard boxes. My anniversary date is july 15...does this mean i get my usual 50 cents then...and an additional 70 cents come aug 1st??

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
As I've posted in other threads:

(*these figures exclude the $1 skilled wage premium)

Old Progression
* start: $8.50
* after 90 days: $9.50
* after 1 year: $10
* after 2 years: $10.50
* after 3 years: $11
* after 4 years: $11.87

New Progression:
* start: $10
* after 1 year: $10.50
* after 2 years: $11
* after 3 years: $12
* after 4 years: $12.50

What does this mean?
PTers who've been with the company less than three years will see adjustments to their wages & everybody else will follow the general wage increases:
(note: this is crudely done & there may be other insignificant adjustments)

-- PTers who've been with the company less than one year will be bumped from $9.50 to $10.20 on August 1, then $10.50 on their first anniversary. They will follow the general wage increases, but be bumped from $11.90 to $12 on their third anniversary.

--PTers who've been with the company less than two years will be bumped to $10.70 on August 1, then $11.00 on their first anniversary. They will then follow the general wage increases.

-- PTers who've been with the company less than three years will be bumped to $11.20 on August 1, then $12.00 on their third anniversary. They will then follow the general wage increase. So if you've been here between two & three years, you're the winner this contract.

-- Incumbent PTers with less than three years BENEFIT from the wage progression in seeing wage increases.

--
New hires will follow the wage progression whereas incumbent PTers will receive the general wage increases. While the wage progression is stronger in the early years -- which BENEFITS incumbent employees -- ultimately the general wage increases reign. Thus incumbent employees hired in today will be earning $13.40 by the end of the contract, whereas employees hired three months from now would receive only $12.50.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f39/t...#ixzz2SlS0KZiK

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f39/b...#ixzz2THVF09yZ

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/pa...#ixzz2TYWzQZ3o

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f39/contract-raises-pts-350204/#ixzz2VHGZhGrS

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Sorry i'm a little slow with numbers unless they're on cardboard boxes. My anniversary date is july 15...does this mean i get my usual 50 cents then...and an additional 70 cents come aug 1st??

The progression in the expiring contract specifies a raise on your seniority date + one/two/three/four years. If your seniority date falls before August 1, then you're entitled to and will receive that raise.

Verify your seniority date, because it may not be the same as your start date - especially if you hired in the summer.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Yes.

If you vote no on the contract chances are you will be making even more. Ever buy a car and accept the first offer the salesman gives you? If you didn't, was the second offer better? Vote no.