Preload question!! Being on call.

Upsee

If you are on call and if they call you early a.m. and you don't hear the phone or you fail to answer for whatever reason. Can any action be taken against you? Thanks

upschuck

Have you qualified? If not, you won't with that attitude. They may mark you with an occurrence if you don't answer/show up.

UPS Preloader

If you are on call and if they call you early a.m. and you don't hear the phone or you fail to answer for whatever reason. Can any action be taken against you? Thanks

You are not on call. You are on layoff. Your only obligation is to return the call and let them know when you will be available.

Upsee

You're only needed if a reliable employee cant make it.
So, I would find another job.
I am laid off every day but I am on the call list and not first either and they call me in every day to cover for other "reliable employees". I don't care about preload just killing time till I drive.

542thruNthru

I'm confused. Answer a few questions for me please.
1. How long is the wait to become a driver in your building?
2. How long have you been with the company? I'm guessing it can't be more than a year since you are in call.

I ask this because if your building is like mine it takes at least 8 years to become full time. That's a long time to be waiting by the phone. Also if you are waiting for that 6.1 hire. I'm pretty sure that is for outside employees. You are no longer an outside hire.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
tumblr_mh1j04husY1rhssuho1_500.gif

Upsee

Thank you all for kind answers and words of wisdom, we can officially close this thread now.
I'm confused. Answer a few questions for me please.
1. How long is the wait to become a driver in your building?
2. How long have you been with the company? I'm guessing it can't be more than a year since you are in call.

I ask this because if your building is like mine it takes at least 8 years to become full time. That's a long time to be waiting by the phone. Also if you are waiting for that 6.1 hire. I'm pretty sure that is for outside employees. You are no longer an outside hire.
I wouldn't wait on anything 8 years, wait time is about a year currently. I ll drive summer and peak in the mean time which now counts towards your progression.

542thruNthru

If it's only a year good for you. Never heard of any building only being a year.

Where you at. I know a few people that would love to transfer there.

542thruNthru

If it's only a year good for you. Never heard of any building only being a year.

Where you at. I know a few people that would love to transfer there.