Preload question

BJacs1822

Hi all. My sups and steward told me to call HR about being a permanent hire. I was a pre-loader from October 21-January 16th. My sups told me they’ll hopefully have a job for me in 3 weeks and it’s mine if they have it, but they also said I should call HR to see if I’m permanent because of my start-end dates. Does anyone know anything useful for me? Thanks. I’ll also add that my sup said this same thing happened to him a few years back and when he called HR they got him back on.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hi all. My sups and steward told me to call HR about being a permanent hire.

Maybe you should try this ^^^^^

8183F710-D663-46E5-AE2B-2E68CB4B33CD.gif

542thruNthru

Hi all. My sups and steward told me to call HR about being a permanent hire. I was a pre-loader from October 21-January 16th. My sups told me they’ll hopefully have a job for me in 3 weeks and it’s mine if they have it, but they also said I should call HR to see if I’m permanent because of my start-end dates. Does anyone know anything useful for me? Thanks. I’ll also add that my sup said this same thing happened to him a few years back and when he called HR they got him back on.

Without knowing what supplmental/rider you're working under. No one will be able to give you a accurate answer.

Everywhere is different. Some areas if you work 1 day after peak all your days count toward probation. Some don't have that language.

Find a shop steward or call your teamster local and ask them.

BJacs1822

Without knowing what supplmental/rider you're working under. No one will be able to give you a accurate answer.

Everywhere is different. Some areas if you work 1 day after peak all your days count toward probation. Some don't have that language.

Find a shop steward or call your teamster local and ask them.
Unfortunately the steward didn’t know. I’m going to call HR tomorrow but I came her first to see if anyone knew any contract language that could help me out. Thank you!

LadyNole77

Unfortunately the steward didn’t know. I’m going to call HR tomorrow but I came her first to see if anyone knew any contract language that could help me out. Thank you!

I'm not sure where you're located but I just spoke to my local HR rep and she said that they are still going through the stats and recommendations from the season. I'm sure that's a lot to go over so I'm gonna just sit for a week or so and hope I make the cut.

542thruNthru

I'm not sure where you're located but I just spoke to my local HR rep and she said that they are still going through the stats and recommendations from the season. I'm sure that's a lot to go over so I'm gonna just sit for a week or so and hope I make the cut.

I hate to say it but HR doesn't do that. They will be told how many people they can hire and then the center managers will tell them who they would like back.

I hope you make it but first lesson to learn is HR is useless at UPS.

Good luck.

LadyNole77

I hate to say it but HR doesn't do that. They will be told how many people they can hire and then the center managers will tell them who they would like back.

I hope you make it but first lesson to learn is HR is useless at UPS.

Good luck.

Thanks for the input. This process is a bit confusing at times!

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
What's your local? I'm 705, and I was hired on the 9th. Basically, if they keep you after Christmas, they need you. And preload a : censored2:, so they need the bodies.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 77202

The HR person gave you a bull**** answer. They don't have anything to go over.
Your supervisor will tell the HR person who they want back from the seasonal employees.
Then, the HR person will probably email you and ask if you're still interested in working there.
It's a slow process that may takes weeks or months, depending on how badly the supervisor needs workers.