Preload scanner info

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Step 1: put scanner on the belt and let it go down.
Step 2: if forced to scan by belt Supe, continuously smash scanner onto corner of shelves until it stops working.
Step 3; repeat steps 1 & 2.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
They do a whole ton of things and you could cause some serious mayhem knowing them all I would assume. The 'special' scanner for missed packages is actually pretty easy to code in and would get me fired the next day.

AnonPreLoader

They do a whole ton of things and you could cause some serious mayhem knowing them all I would assume. The 'special' scanner for missed packages is actually pretty easy to code in and would get me fired the next day.

I just want to be able to operate it properly.
The belt super isnt really proficient with it, therefore cannot explain anything.
I did some simple searches on Google, which led to here.

AnonPreLoader

break off a beacon for each truck and then tape them to the device.
what are you confused about? any specific situations?

Well there are simple things I want to be able to do, such as add a truck if i`m going to help someone else on the belt.
I also want to know if it can tell me more about bulk stops, such as if it can display whether i`m scanning say box 5 out of 15.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Well there are simple things I want to be able to do, such as add a truck if i`m going to help someone else on the belt.
I also want to know if it can tell me more about bulk stops, such as if it can display whether i`m scanning say box 5 out of 15.
The blue button plus a number accesses the options below, so blue1 will send you to the preload menu, 2 for setup, cars have a barcode then you can manually type the load position using the gray and yellow buttons for A-Z and enter,blue5 to confirm

There is no bulk notification. the "x of x" is just the scanner saying it sent to car 1 of the 3 setup. You should try to get accustomed to your business volume, check your preload sheets and the piece count on the box itself in the top right corner which may or may not be correct.

If you work here for multiple years and helper dozens of times including a DQ like me. Then it gets to the point you spot the address, customer name, piece count, HIN all at once and make a decision without really thinking.

In that case, I cheat a lot by rapidly pressing blue4 (manual mode) to send package scans rather than use the beacon or barcode.

Last edited:

AnonPreLoader

Ohhh ok. No bulk notification.
Im seeing the car setup; that explains why its always 1 of 4 or 2 of 4 ect ..

What do you mean by piece count ?
The total number of packages for the entire building ?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Well this is exactly what im talking about.
How do i access this info.
Asking the belt super is like talking to Betty Boop about a mass spectrometer.
To clue you in. Your supervisor probably preloaded for less than 3 months.
And sucked.
And has very little knowledge more than you about how to use the scanners.

AnonPreLoader

The blue button plus a number accesses the options below, so blue1 will send you to the preload menu, 2 for setup, cars have a barcode then you can manually type the load position using the gray and yellow buttons for A-Z and enter,blue5 to confirm

There is no bulk notification. the "x of x" is just the scanner saying it sent to car 1 of the 3 setup. You should try to get accustomed to your business volume, check your preload sheets and the piece count on the box itself in the top right corner which may or may not be correct.

If you work here for multiple years and helper dozens of times including a DQ like me. Then it gets to the point you spot the address, customer name, piece count, HIN all at once and make a decision without really thinking.

In that case, I cheat a lot by rapidly pressing blue4 (manual mode) to send package scans rather than use the beacon or barcode.

Oh i see what you are saying here.
Correct me if i`m wrong.
The piece count is on the sticker.
Ill be watching for that on Monday morning.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Yeah i figured that out on day 2.
Just making sure, brother.
It's amazing how many of the new people I've met at work who think the supervisors walk on water.

The software being proprietary, I don't think we can find a manual on it.
(Laboring under the assumption that y'all have the same hardware as at my center), the imagers are Zebra Tech. RS507s, and the terminals are Motorola Symbol WT4090s.

Should be running windows CE 5.0.

Not helpful, I know. But it's all I've been able to find after a couple years of checking google and UPSers.

AnonPreLoader

Just making sure, brother.
It's amazing how many of the new people I've met at work who think the supervisors walk on water.

The software being proprietary, I don't think we can find a manual on it.
(Laboring under the assumption that y'all have the same hardware as at my center), the imagers are Zebra Tech. RS507s, and the terminals are Motorola Symbol WT4090s.

Should be running windows CE 5.0.

Not helpful,
I know. But it's all I've been able to find after a couple years of checking google and UPSers.

It might be helpful.
I should stop pursuing this if i am wasting my time.

PCLoadPackage

Right after you scan the bar code in the car that someone else is loading, you'll *usually* see that the route is already associated with that car by the original preloader. If so, you can just press blue5 to confirm. You can look at the bottom of the screen to see the other things you can do. One of the useful functions is removing that route ID from that car (like when the idiot belt sup puts all the sheets in the wrong cars, or a route gets moved around after start time).