Preload Start times

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Ahh management's desperate attempt to pretty their numbers. Long and short of it....my center never posts start times....times are texted to us the day before by the PT sup. I get a text yesterday....start time is 345 with the option of starting at 315 (by seniority) because the unload is starting early. I tell him I'll be in at 315.

I get a text this morning at 215am..,unload is not starting early....new start time is 4am for all loaders in the center. WTF???

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Ahh management's desperate attempt to pretty their numbers. Long and short of it....my center never posts start times....times are texted to us the day before by the PT sup. I get a text yesterday....start time is 345 with the option of starting at 315 (by seniority) because the unload is starting early. I tell him I'll be in at 315.

I get a text this morning at 215am..,unload is not starting early....new start time is 4am for all loaders in the center. WTF???
Article 12 Section 3 of the Central Region Supplement

Part-time employee’s start times must be posted by the end of the shift of their last scheduled workday of the preceding work week.

Nimnim

The Nim
Bring in an invoice for how much the texts cost you. Not everyone has unlimited texting plans for their phones, if they even have a cell phone.

I will accept a text for something special like working a double shift, but not my normal shift. If there isn't a time posted by the time I'm ready to leave, I don't clock out until I find it.

oldngray

nowhere special
UPS can call you and ask you if you will come in early but any time before your posted start time is OT. If there is ever any doubt, always refer to the posted start times.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Someone needs to file. This should not be happening. You need 24 hours notice. Also all starts times for the next week should be posted by end of shift Friday or they are assumed to be the same as the previous week.

Brownslave688

Yes ...but I can't fight this battle all the time. They'll post it like they should for a few weeks and then stop.
They can stop if they want. You just show up at the last POSTED start time. Easy as that. Or file every time it's not posted. Management may be dense but eventually they'll get it.

Brownslave688

UPS can call you and ask you if you will come in early but any time before your posted start time is OT. If there is ever any doubt, always refer to the posted start times.
BA and I went round and round about this one day. Lots of drivers were starting early. I said thats all OT. So say I start 30 minutes early. I should get 7.5 hours straight time and the rest OT. He just couldn't grasp this at all. I never did get him to see this is how it's worded.

His reasoning was we all work OT anyway so we get an extra 30 minutes of OT since you start early. SMH

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Bring in an invoice for how much the texts cost you. Not everyone has unlimited texting plans for their phones, if they even have a cell phone.

I will accept a text for something special like working a double shift, but not my normal shift. If there isn't a time posted by the time I'm ready to leave, I don't clock out until I find it.
I have tried that...asking when I leave. And am told....we don't know yet...I'll let u know later.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
They can stop if they want. You just show up at the last POSTED start time. Easy as that. Or file every time it's not posted. Management may be dense but eventually they'll get it.
You should have never let that texting start times ever get started. It violates the contract.
There are 35 other loaders in my center alone. I cannot paint a target on my back for everyone else...I got my 45min pay. For everyone else that they tried to screw....that's their fault for not opening their mouths.

oldngray

nowhere special
BA and I went round and round about this one day. Lots of drivers were starting early. I said thats all OT. So say I start 30 minutes early. I should get 7.5 hours straight time and the rest OT. He just couldn't grasp this at all. I never did get him to see this is how it's worded.

His reasoning was we all work OT anyway so we get an extra 30 minutes of OT since you start early. SMH

"Usually" it doesn't matter whether the OT is paid at the beginning or end of the day, but there are situations where you would work less than 8 and still get that OT in the morning as you stated. Someone needs to slap some sense into your BA.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Someone needs to file. This should not be happening. You need 24 hours notice. Also all starts times for the next week should be posted by end of shift Friday or they are assumed to be the same as the previous week.
In my supplement....start times must be posted by Thursday for the following week.