Preload Supervisor Interview

maxwild

Hi. I'm hoping to get a little detail on the duties and challenges of the preload supervisor position. I've been invited to a "walk through" next week and to take a 1 hour test. This also a part time position if that makes a difference. I have no experience with UPS and the job description doesn't provide much. I don't want to waste their time or mine or have a look of shock on my face during that walk through. :)

Thanks and I hope to become a regular forum contributor soon!

maxwild

I stumbled onto the "UPS Partners" forum (not exactly where I'd expect to find sup threads but hey) and have learned a bit about the apparently thankless and slave driving position.

What about this 1 hour test? psychological, math, logistics or what?

I'm former career military and will likely find this interesting. That could be good or bad. :) Thanks.

Integrity

Binge Poster
maxwild,

Welcome.

Beware, many of the regulars on this site appear to come here only to mock on someone or something.

Sincerely,
I

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The "test" is just a litmus test to see if you give consistent answers. I'm the most inconsistent fool on earth and passed/was successful and offered a PT sup job a decade ago, FWIW. Hope that helps. :)

DS

Fenderbender
maxwild,

Welcome.

Beware, many of the regulars on this site appear to come here only to mock on someone or something.

Sincerely,
I
Everyone is free to speak their mind.Everyone has their own opinions.
Some of us have had bad experiences at ups. Part time sups are generally
paid very little to do a next to impossible job.The walk through should be a heads up
for you as they explain how you should oversee the preload and have it done by 09:00.
I suggest you see if google is hiring instead.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Run, run far away from the potential sup job. To give you an idea of the challenges of this position....it would be the eqivalent of trying to run a race wearing high heels, a really tight skirt, with a very long broom handle shoved up a specific orifice of your body. But what do I know? Do what you want.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Run, run far away from the potential sup job. To give you an idea of the challenges of this position....it would be the eqivalent of trying to run a race wearing high heels, a really tight skirt, with a very long broom handle shoved up a specific orifice of your body. But what do I know? Do what you want.
It's a great job, that's why UPS is hiring right off the street. UPS is the most generous company on earth, after all.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It's a great job, that's why UPS is hiring right off the street. UPS is the most generous company on earth, after all.
Absolutely....it's a great job! With great benef....oh wait, no. Well the pay is pretty goo....wait, no. Well, at least I'll be treated like a human bei.....oh wait, NO! Welcome to the dark side.

Last edited by a moderator: