Kendoll

I have been preload for about 2 1/2 months now. I first started working there because I needed to get out of the house more. But now I’m making some money, so I want more. Today I was asked if I would be interested in taking the week long class of becoming a driver since they were wanting to hire up a few more. I would be a casual one of course and I know what all that entails but hey more money than I’m making now. What can I expect during these classes and what tips does anyone have that would help me? Our supervisors tend to be lazy so any extra tips would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the novel.

Box Ox

What can I expect during these classes

To not really learn :censored2:. Get some numbers of drivers you’ve gotten to know so you can call em if you’ve got questions. Don’t call management.

Good sign if they’re training you for casual now as it’s a potential opportunity to get your qualifying period in over the summer and red circle at your casual rate if/when you go full time. Becomes your pay floor until progression catches up with you. And you won’t have a probationary period when you go full time. Maybe avoid that stupid conference call (and letter?) with the DM that I’ve been hearing about.

Last edited:
To not really learn :censored2:. Get some numbers of drivers you’ve gotten to know so you can call em if you’ve got questions. Don’t call management.

Good sign if they’re training you for casual now as it’s a potential opportunity to get your qualifying period in over the summer and red circle at your casual rate if/when you go full time. Becomes your pay floor until progression catches up with you. And you won’t have a probationary period when you go full time. Maybe avoid that stupid conference call (and letter?) with the DM that I’ve been hearing about.

Wow....

Look at you actually being helpful...

Whats the occasion did you finally get laid?

Box Ox

I've been here a long time just never posted and I can say with certainty you're among the least helpful.

Doesn't take too long to figure it out either.

10e0mte.jpg

Kendoll

Thank you. I’ve perused this site today and already know the sarcasm is strong here. I enjoy the humor now and again anyway lol but thanks again for the advice I really appreciate it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I have been preload for about 2 1/2 months now. I first started working there because I needed to get out of the house more. But now I’m making some money, so I want more. Today I was asked if I would be interested in taking the week long class of becoming a driver since they were wanting to hire up a few more. I would be a casual one of course and I know what all that entails but hey more money than I’m making now. What can I expect during these classes and what tips does anyone have that would help me? Our supervisors tend to be lazy so any extra tips would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the novel.
Get in now before they make it a 6 year progression.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Yeah well I would rather ask my own questions than sift through 8000 threads. But thanks for the advice
I guess as long as people are willing to answer your questions, you got a point there... Though there is a lot of good info already. I spent days combing through looking for info on how to qualify when I first started driving. It was worth the effort.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Best advice would of probably been just type in intergrad in the search box and read the 8000 threads on it.

Or you know read the sticky that's there for a reason
Yeah well I would rather ask my own questions than sift through 8000 threads. But thanks for the advice
Because the 8000 threads don't get a little older and a little more outdated every single day that passes.
There are only six
Screenshot_2018-01-26-15-48-06.png