Preloader 22.4

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Imchar1, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Imchar1

Imchar1 Member

I talked to a preloader who does his regular job and because of seniority he picks up a few extra hours clearing penns after drivers leave and some other cleanup. He does not want to drive. With 22.4 a new kid with no seniority takes his work. All those years of paying dues and waiting and some new kid can take it all away for less money and no seniority.

22.4 Is a betrayal of the holy grail. Seniority.

2. MarvelousMunata

MarvelousMunata The Scapegoat With Attitude

So dont go 22.4?
    22.3 ??
    Im preload n i wanna go driving...eventually. but if they offer me to load and then drive, id prefer to do that before taking on a route.

Not to mention a bunch of feeder n other drivers, including carwash are tellin me to do air driving first

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. Yolo

Yolo Active Member

As a pt employee he is only guaranteed 3.5 hours.

4. MarvelousMunata

MarvelousMunata The Scapegoat With Attitude

Yea...that part sucks

5. Skooney

Skooney Active Member

He probably didn't vote anyway.

So blame him. Sorry.

6. Waldo

Waldo Member

I wish I could only get the 3.5 hr so I could get another job. I average 6 1/2 hours/day being PT. In my outbound everyone except me takes the bus so they all have to leave early. That leaves me all by myself to put in all the bulk in all the trucks. Management thinks I’m being rewarded more hours for being a hard worker, but it feels like I am being punished since I am doing the hardest part of the job alone.

7. davidix

davidix Active Member

I never understood why anyone would want to be part time at ups besides to become a driver or management. Most of them are making peanuts. The only reasoning I can think of is healthcare. I suppose that's a good enough reason for people.

8. beavis

beavis Member

Lots of reasons. Health care as you mentioned, students (especially in the buildings with tuition reimbursement), 2nd job, kids, etc

9. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Strat riding the bus

10. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Ask @PT Car Washer

He's a pre-1982 red circled part-timer making top rate.

Not a bad gig.

Everyones situation is different.

11. Two Tokes

Two Tokes Give it to me Baby

UPS kills good employees
    Don't let them

12. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

50 hours last week and this week is starting off with 2 11 hour days. What a 22.4 job will look like? But at least I make top rate.

13. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

The happiest UPSers I know are part timers who are self-employed or have pretty good day jobs. They’re just around for the benefits for the family, a little exercise and some extra spending money.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

And red circle with a gravy easy job and the opportunity to work lots of OT.