Preloader 22.4

Imchar1

I talked to a preloader who does his regular job and because of seniority he picks up a few extra hours clearing penns after drivers leave and some other cleanup. He does not want to drive. With 22.4 a new kid with no seniority takes his work. All those years of paying dues and waiting and some new kid can take it all away for less money and no seniority.

22.4 Is a betrayal of the holy grail. Seniority.

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
So dont go 22.4?
22.3 ??
Im preload n i wanna go driving...eventually. but if they offer me to load and then drive, id prefer to do that before taking on a route.

Not to mention a bunch of feeder n other drivers, including carwash are tellin me to do air driving first

Waldo

I wish I could only get the 3.5 hr so I could get another job. I average 6 1/2 hours/day being PT. In my outbound everyone except me takes the bus so they all have to leave early. That leaves me all by myself to put in all the bulk in all the trucks. Management thinks I’m being rewarded more hours for being a hard worker, but it feels like I am being punished since I am doing the hardest part of the job alone.

davidix

I never understood why anyone would want to be part time at ups besides to become a driver or management. Most of them are making peanuts. The only reasoning I can think of is healthcare. I suppose that's a good enough reason for people.

beavis

Lots of reasons. Health care as you mentioned, students (especially in the buildings with tuition reimbursement), 2nd job, kids, etc

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I wish I could only get the 3.5 hr so I could get another job. I average 6 1/2 hours/day being PT. In my outbound everyone except me takes the bus so they all have to leave early. That leaves me all by myself to put in all the bulk in all the trucks. Management thinks I’m being rewarded more hours for being a hard worker, but it feels like I am being punished since I am doing the hardest part of the job alone.

Strat riding the bus

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
UPS kills good employees
Don't let them

Box Ox

I never understood why anyone would want to be part time at ups besides to become a driver or management.

The happiest UPSers I know are part timers who are self-employed or have pretty good day jobs. They’re just around for the benefits for the family, a little exercise and some extra spending money.