MikeD724

I’m a Preloader and my Preload rate is $21/ hour. Now during peak i am Doing some driver helper too. On indeed I see postings fro driver helper paying $17/hour. But they’re paying me $12.25/hour for driver helper. Someone please help because they say that they’re allowed to pay me $12.25 for driver helper and not the $17 that’s advertised. North east. Local 252.

Attachments

• 7060CCA1-C64B-4CD6-AA93-7288ADA93587.png
    7060CCA1-C64B-4CD6-AA93-7288ADA93587.png
    317.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 21F379D0-4666-49C2-B78B-90BB715F6897.jpeg
    21F379D0-4666-49C2-B78B-90BB715F6897.jpeg
    373 KB · Views: 63

MikeD724

I made an account just to post this. Been with UPS over 3 years now but this is my first week doing driver help. Why am I not at $17 like posted on indeed?

nWo

I don't know what your rate is supposed to be in your local but whatever is posted on indeed is irrelevant. What you need is what was posted on the bus sheet you signed or whatever your local supplement says.

Box Handler of Dallas

The two jobs each have a different pay rate. When you work preload, you'll make the $21. When you driver help, you'll make the other one. At our hub, drivers helpers make $15.50 an hour. I declined doing that work.

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
check your supplement, in mine (atlantic) whenever you work two tasks in a day with different pay rates, you get the higher rate for all hours worked.

542thruNthru

I’m a Preloader and my Preload rate is $21/ hour. Now during peak i am Doing some driver helper too. On indeed I see postings fro driver helper paying $17/hour. But they’re paying me $12.25/hour for driver helper. Someone please help because they say that they’re allowed to pay me $12.25 for driver helper and not the $17 that’s advertised. North east. Local 252.
You're in JC28.

Call your local and speak with your BA about your pay.
Screenshot_20221121_160746_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

MikeD724

Thanks, can you please direct me where to find driver helper pay rate for preloaders
Thanks, I found exactly what I’m looking for in section 239 of the New England supplemental agreement. Not what I was hoping the rate would be but at least I see for myself.

Codanki

Found my answer, says i should be making what i am sadly😅..so how can they be posting the job for almost 25% more then? Are new hires just really mad when they get their first check and find out they where lied to? Or are they getting payed more behind our backs to more help in?

542thruNthru

Found my answer, says i should be making what i am sadly😅..so how can they be posting the job for almost 25% more then? Are new hires just really mad when they get their first check and find out they where lied to? Or are they getting payed more behind our backs to more help in?
Until recently outside hires were paid less than inside helpers. The problem now is no one wants to do the job and the contract is behind the times and handicapping the union to get its members better pay.