Preloader fired

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
My friend (yes literally my friend not me) was fired for leaving the building with a roll of tape in his bag. He was stopped at the guard check with the tape and the center manager came out. He said "that's company property, we need to make an example out of him" and took his badge.

Steward has fellow box liners signing a petition.

Thoughts?

clean hairy

Theft is theft, be it a customers big screen tv or a pre release video game that fell out of a box, or a roll of tape.
You only walk out of the building with what you walked in with, and nothing more.
Adios!

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Theft is theft, be it a customers big screen tv or a pre release video game that fell out of a box, or a roll of tape.
You only walk out of the building with what you walked in with, and nothing more.
Adios!

That really sucks. He was a hard worker.
So nothing to be done then at all?

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
The steward should be worried about filing a greivance getting facts and contacting the BA. Not getting people to sign a worthless petition.

So do I tell him that myself or what? The guy is a nice guy but nobody likes to be told how to do their job..

All I know is my friend deserves his job just as much as I do and it sucks to see this happen to him

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
I'm guessing he was tapeing a box and left with the tape by accident. That sucks, I leave with black crayons by accident probably every other day.

El Correcto

god is dead
Honestly this seems like the kind of "theft" that could go unpunished your friend had every intention of bringing that tape back and using it for work from the sounds of it. Unpaid suspension sounds like the outcome of this, tell him to be humble and grovel at their feet.

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
If your BA is worth a :censored2: this should be thrown out pretty quick. Anyone with half a brain would realize you wouldn't risk the job for less than a roll of packing tape.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Adios!
What about if you leave with a paper kleenex in your pocket? Will you get fired for that too? What about a single piece of toilet paper? If you "take" a single square of toilet paper, will UPS fire you? At least FedEx doesn't "TSA check" you when you leave the building.

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
What about if you leave with a paper kleenex in your pocket? Will you get fired for that too? What about a single piece of toilet paper? If you "take" a single square of toilet paper, will UPS fire you? At least FedEx doesn't "TSA check" you when you leave the building.

The people here who assume he stole are being stupid. You could easily accidentally leave with a roll of tape, a crayon, a marker, etc