Preloader supposedly driving soon

jdelloso33

So after hitting my one year in May as a preloader, and my 21st birthday in november, I was able to get my name on the sheet for sat air driving, and driving in general. A few days ago I received a call from HR asking if I want to set up a road test/classes for getting started on Saturdays and if I would want to do ground this peak. I guess being thrown right into 4 trucks in the hole as soon as I got here paid off for something? Haha. If all goes well im guessing I should have my work cut out for me...I did helper last year and did a great job (driver said I was his best helper in 15 years of driving) and we killed it. I already learned the new diad board too so that helps. Any advice guys? And any idea what the pay would be? I already know Sat. air is 12.50/hr

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
b1d.png

139.png

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
So after hitting my one year in May as a preloader, and my 21st birthday in november, I was able to get my name on the sheet for sat air driving, and driving in general. A few days ago I received a call from HR asking if I want to set up a road test/classes for getting started on Saturdays and if I would want to do ground this peak. I guess being thrown right into 4 trucks in the hole as soon as I got here paid off for something? Haha. If all goes well im guessing I should have my work cut out for me...I did helper last year and did a great job (driver said I was his best helper in 15 years of driving) and we killed it. I already learned the new diad board too so that helps. Any advice guys? And any idea what the pay would be? I already know Sat. air is 12.50/hr

Saturday air has its own progression. See your area's supplement for details. As for tips on driving, there are a million threads on it, so I would search for that or perhaps ask more specific questions. If you're going to driving school get a copy of the driver DOK sheet and learn it verbatim now. You'll be happy you did.

Cementups

Box Monkey
It has nothing to do with your hard work thus far. You just happen to be next on the list of seniority based who both aisgned the list and meet teh requirements to drive. You certainly have a slight advantage over others though as you have experience with delivering as a helper.
​Good luck!!