Preloader to casual doing route after "free period"

I have been a preloader in CT for almost 4 years now. Just this past summer I went the TCD route before any type of air work. Did the classes, passed my 30 days; back to preload for a month and before I knew it peak was back and I stopped driving January 15th. Today I was asked to do ground work while I was working the preload. I was told by several drivers that I need to contact a steward to see that I be put full time. Not knowing anything about this issue I called my union hall and he immediately stated I should be full time and he will file a grievance for me. First time I have ever filed one, but I am wondering if since I did a route with ground work outside of the free period, does that mean full time? Told several different answers and most people don't know. Help?

Last edited:

Box Ox

Sounds like management is being naughty. Where I am they'd have you punch in as 5E air exception, sprinkle some air volume in there and hope you didn't demand top rate ground pay per the Contract.

PT Car Washer

Sounds like management is being naughty. Where I am they'd have you punch in as 5E air exception, sprinkle some air volume in there and hope you didn't demand top rate ground pay per the Contract.
In my building management just goes ahead and pay Air Exception drivers top rate so they show up to bail them out.

Thank you for your input sir. My Union rep was very clear about it and I don't believe he would be so adamant to file for me if it wasn't legitimate.