Hello, I am in a bit of a bind. I am a preloader at my cities highest volume facility. Im one of the best loaders I get 0 misloads most weeks. Management seems to love me and I always go do whatever extra they tell me to do (go pull an area, sort, help pd, slide.) and still am the first to wrap on my line. I have been working there for about 10 months now, but I need two and a half weeks time off in june paid or unpaid idc. Problem is ill only have 11 months under my belt and my union rep says he cant even consider me getting time off unless ive been there a year. He said he could think about it the closer the date comes but I doubt his mind will change. What do I do? Should I quit and get rehired. See if I can get sick, or layed off or something. Right now Im think I quit, and get rehired. Idc about my seniority really cuz Ill only be there another year anyways. Another issue is that I am receiving tuition reimbursement since Im also in school. If I quit will I lose the money?? I finished my last semester and asked for them to confirm with my school about the grades, but they said it would take 60 days to process. If im not technically employed, would I lose the money?? Plz send your inputs. Thanks.

Hello, I am in a bit of a bind. I am a preloader at my cities highest volume facility. Im one of the best loaders I get 0 misloads most weeks. Management seems to love me and I always go do whatever extra they tell me to do (go pull an area, sort, help pd, slide.) and still am the first to wrap on my line. I have been working there for about 10 months now, but I need two and a half weeks time off in june paid or unpaid idc. Problem is ill only have 11 months under my belt and my union rep says he cant even consider me getting time off unless ive been there a year. He said he could think about it the closer the date comes but I doubt his mind will change. What do I do? Should I quit and get rehired. See if I can get sick, or layed off or something. Right now Im think I quit, and get rehired. Idc about my seniority really cuz Ill only be there another year anyways. Another issue is that I am receiving tuition reimbursement since Im also in school. If I quit will I lose the money?? I finished my last semester and asked for them to confirm with my school about the grades, but they said it would take 60 days to process. If im not technically employed, would I lose the money?? Plz send your inputs. Thanks.
You better change your plans then.

542thruNthru

You said union rep. Did you mean supervisor?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Where you got to be for 2.5 weeks that’s more important than your job?

rod

Retired 22 years

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:You're kidding -right?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Covid19 leave if they are still doing it

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Talk to your supervisor about this one…the union rep can’t help you with special deals like this. Maybe if you tell them you’re thinking of quitting they will figure out a way to get you the time unpaid. Or maybe not. Worth asking.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
If they won’t work with you then resign and reapply at a later date. Also stop working so hard. They’re abusing you. Do your job and leave. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Talk to your supervisor about this one…the union rep can’t help you with special deals like this. Maybe if you tell them you’re thinking of quitting they will figure out a way to get you the time unpaid. Or maybe not. Worth asking.
I asked and so far theyve just said they work on it. I will probably ask again two weeks before and if they say they got bad news. ill put in my two weeks then.

If they won’t work with you then resign and reapply at a later date. Also stop working so hard. They’re abusing you. Do your job and leave. Nothing more. Nothing less.
ive been more stern about doing to much. im their go to guy for now. at least on saturdays i am the only one on pd and no one bothers me