Preloaders being yelled at?

browntroll

browntroll,

On what grounds are you refusing to use a load stand?

Sincerely,
I
sups always told me i dont have to use the load stand even safety ppl, as long as i have it in the trailer everything was good. that day it was a part time sup i didnt like
too much since he would watch me work for like 15 min straight when i was in the unload and he was my sup, he also used to tell me we got a few min to
finish half a 53 foot trailer like if it was supposed to make me work faster.

UPSGUY72

The best way to deal a SUP that you don't like is to not talk to them and just follow there orders as best you safely can. All they are looking for is a reaction and by saying something back to them your giving them what they want.

When I was a unloader I had a Pt SUP yell at me when I was 4 rollers into a 53 fter to push. He kept yelling push, push. So I did exactly what he wanted I started pushing the package and didn't stop till 4 roller full of package where on the floor at the bottom of the chute outside the trailer. He them told me to punch out and go home which I did with out saying a word. When I came back the next day his boss told me that I got paid for the whole shift the day before and that the PT SUP was wrong. That SUP never yelled at me again.

FilingBluesFL

I had a huge blow-out with the unload supervisor one year when I was on layoff a few years back.

Guy is a worthless :censored2:, refused to put me back in the sort aisle where I was when I left. Plays favorites, as usual.

He put me in the trailers, it's probly the least amount of trailers I have ever unloaded in the time I worked pre-load the whole time I've been there. He was a sad little child while I was there.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Ever hear of picking your battles? Refusing to follow the methods after being instructed to is an easy way to get disciplined/discharged.

You don't have to follow any methods if you think it's unsafe. This stupid supervisor wanted me to put up a 113lb next day air international package on the air belt that's like 7.5 feet above. I told him no, and he just walks away. Nothing he could have done about it.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Yeah you want to work as directed but I rarely used a load stand when I worked inside. In a dark trailer it's just too dangerous stepping up and down and there is no way to make 3 points of contact. For the shorter people it might be worth the risk of falling/getting hurt.

Tim.

Package Placement Expert
Our sups, both p/t and friend/t, really only yell at us when we shut the belt off. Now, at our center, we have a few guys who will shut the belt off for over 70's, bulk stops or to get the sups attention and yell about "labels up or stuff on the wrong side of the belt." Being a smaller center with 1 belt, we STILL struggle with pkges on the wrong side of the belt. Or my fav, no scan up front, so lets let it ride to the end of the belt, clog up our "slide", crush other boxes at the end, have boxes fall off the belt, land on my foot and/or block my last truck (im at the end of the belt). I wont shut the belt off for any of these reasons, but if someone has asked me to "hit the belt", I will. Sup will walk down the belt, yelling who has it off. Half the time he is ignored. He will make it all the way to the end of the belt, ask me if I have it off. I tell him "Nope, you get yelled at for shutting the belt off and I dont like getting yelled at." Been saying the same thing for 5+ yrs. Our sups will yell at us if were stacked out. I just tell them Im doing my best and if you dont like it, find someone (with less seniority than me) who can do it better. Been saying that for 5+ yrs, yet, Im still loading cars.

quamba 638

I love getting new supervisors that come in all gung ho trying to reinvent the wheel. In our area, they learn how things work quick. We're cool to the cool sups and pricks to the pricks. Normally they figure it out within a month and become reasonable. We had a new supervisor last week in our area, the belt was shut off, the sup sprinted over and turned it back on. Another guy turned it back off from another location and secured it. He ran over and literally started yanking on the chain for the S hook like a mad man. What do they teach these poor supervisors in training that has them so on edge?
I asked him "once a belt has been secured, who can un-secure it?" He was getting grilled on the walkie at the time too and looked scared as hell, so I just left it alone. Poor guy.

A

anonymous6

to you preloaders who get yelled at. here is what you should do.

get within an inch of their face and yell at the top of your lungs "who the **** do you think you are talking to. I ain't one of your ****n punks!"

they won't yell at you anymore.

browntroll

You don't have to follow any methods if you think it's unsafe. This stupid supervisor wanted me to put up a 113lb next day air international package on the air belt that's like 7.5 feet above. I told him no, and he just walks away. Nothing he could have done about it.

i had one sup try to make me carry a 90lbs roll taller than me to the a package car that was at least 100 yards away. he couldnt even drag it toward me(4ft away) but he wanted me to carry it?
i just walked away and told the bulk driver to pick it up, sup looks at me with an angered face i just looked back than said "bye on going on break".
to you preloaders who get yelled at. here is what you should do.

get within an inch of their face and yell at the top of your lungs "who the **** do you think you are talking to. I ain't one of your ****n punks!"

they won't yell at you anymore.

a preloader did this to a full time sup since he was getting yelled at by sup in front of 4 part time sups, he yelled back "who the friend do you think you're talking to. im not your kid.
dont try to embarrass me in front of you workers. im not your son talk to me like a man" sup face got red for a minute but then started to say he was sorry.