Browndoesntfrown

This morning at the end of my preloading shift (I load 3 cars), my lightest truck which is I believe one of the smaller 600’s had ~280 packages on it as projected. The driver to that truck was telling me how sometimes his truck looked like Helen Keller loaded it and went on and on about how I didn’t load it well (I’ve only loaded his truck for two days now on this belt). He specifically said something about the smaller packages that are bags and cussed at me saying I didn’t load them right. When I was a seasonal driver, my bags were thrown every which way - I didn’t care, I just located them...is there a specific way to load bags? Not under boxes ? Not behind boxes? What’s the tip for that?

HubSlave0517

My tip is get used to having to deal with salty drivers unless you get a steady set and have time to learn how your drivers like you to "handle their packages."

When I started as a sorter, they'd send me to load trucks after primary shut down. Every time they'd have me take over a new hire's set: 4 trucks, loaded like 2 blind midgets with Parkinson's loaded em. New hires get cut 90 minutes before drivers show up and there I was holding the bag.

One time a driver said to me in the middle of last rev "Hey you need to watch how you're loading these man, I found a 8000 package on the 2000 shelf!" to which I replied "Sorry man I only loaded like 20% of your truck" "I don't care, just take my advice and load more carefully" I kinda laughed a bit and he goes "Why are you laughing? Do you know what we drivers go through out there!" at that point I said "Look man if you want to complain about how tough your job is you should probably wait until you leave the hub to do it."

Point is some drivers like things a certain way, if they're cool with you, (and most are) and understand that you may have a bad day here and there do your best to work with them, talk to them, ask them how they prefer their bags, NDAs, irregs, etc. If they're giant :censored2:nozzles, well they really shouldn't be because your work can make the difference between them finishing by 3 and finishing by 8.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This morning at the end of my preloading shift (I load 3 cars), my lightest truck which is I believe one of the smaller 600’s had ~280 packages on it as projected. The driver to that truck was telling me how sometimes his truck looked like Helen Keller loaded it and went on and on about how I didn’t load it well (I’ve only loaded his truck for two days now on this belt). He specifically said something about the smaller packages that are bags and cussed at me saying I didn’t load them right. When I was a seasonal driver, my bags were thrown every which way - I didn’t care, I just located them...is there a specific way to load bags? Not under boxes ? Not behind boxes? What’s the tip for that?
The driver is a clown. Load that truck anyway you want. Why be nasty?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
i load them behind, your best bet ask him the way he wants them if it is his route, if it is a fill in driver then dont bother

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
280 pieces in a 6 cube? I'd imagine the shelves are packed.. just try & load the small bags/letters with bigger Hin#'s behind smaller Hin/pal. I'm happy if it's close or on the right shelf. Also write the Hin on the large boxes on floor so we can see them

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Put them all in totes and let him put them where he wants.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
If it we're me he would be very unhappy with his truck tomorrow. I was thrilled if they were in the correct section.

It always sucked to find a 2000 envelope under an 8000 irreg on the floor. That's what I considered a bad loader.

barnyard

KTM rider
That many pieces in a smaller truck is a no-win situation. I just bid a route that had a newer P800 and asked for a P1000. There were too many pieces to load well, plus there is a 100 piece pick up mid day. It is way easier to do that pick up and deliver what is rest out of a larger car.

Just do the best you can to make your loads secure. There is nothing like running over a piece of pea gravel and hearing half a shelf fall.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

He’s a jerk

Dump his piss bottle on his seat

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Sucks to be them!

*Start loading with horizontal space first, then drop/compress stops as necissary, speeds up the battle of getting all of the same stop in one spot of the car. Bags ideally will stay on and either bookcased or in front of packages on the shelves. If all else fails, tote the bags for shelf 5000-8000 and get everything golden for 1000-4000*

buisness cars and rear-loaded cars are a bit different still.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Rub your balls on the trucks shifter.
C5837F75-B194-4906-B9A7-6DDF013C9978.gif

Browndoesntfrown

280 pieces in a 6 cube? I'd imagine the shelves are packed.. just try & load the small bags/letters with bigger Hin#'s behind smaller Hin/pal. I'm happy if it's close or on the right shelf. Also write the Hin on the large boxes on floor so we can see them

The shelves are absolutely packed....the other loaders who have been there for 10+ years laugh at my set of trucks that I have to load because they know they’re stacked out everyday. I would like to say I have a decent knowledge of the shelves at least already only because I drove a route for two months during peak lol so I know exactly where to set it every time. I try to write on every single box that I get unless it’s going behind one of the same HIN