President Kong

Joe Nuno

President Kong

Some of us had hoped that Donald Trump would turn out to be quite a different person than his election persona. In an election campaign you say many kinds of inane things. To be forgotten the day after.

But the day after has come and gone, and the inane things have multiplied. The incredible Trump we believed didn’t really exist is here to stay – for four years, at least.

In this case, the largest inauguration crowd. He insisted that he had the greatest ever. As he should have expected, within minutes aerial photos appeared on TV, showing that Barak Obama’s crowd was far larger.

So did he apologize? On the contrary, he insisted.

A spokeswoman appeared and explained that this was just a case of “alternative facts”. A wonderful phrase. Pity I did not know it during my many years as a journalist. When I say at noon that it is midnight, it is just an alternative fact. (And is of course true – in Hawaii or somewhere.)

wkmac

obama-2009-trump-2017-ironmaiden-tiilsunner-iron-maiden-tribute-every-12623326.png

:punk:

wkmac

Personally, I think the whole inauguration thingy is pure distraction by both sides and meant to be so. With all the issues at hand, this is what our focus is being kept on?

Hmmmm!

newfie

you have been lied to in the past by your politicians and therefore enjoy it so much you had wished trump would also lie and reneg on his campaign promises. many of you libs were trying to catch trump in a gotcha before he was sworn in and say that he was not keeping his campaign promises. not only is he keeping them he is engaging at break neck speed.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
it don't matter. if trump locks down, the big ten states for the republicans the dems are screwed. ohio, michigan, wisconsin, PA it is over

wkmac

Let's consider who will really pay for this wall at the end of the day. During the campaign, Trump stated that Mexico would pay for the wall but from my knowledge he was never specific as to the "how" that payment would come about. Then once the election was won and Trump began to assemble his administration, more talk about the wall and specifics began to emerge. At this point in time it would appear the initial costs of the wall will be paid for by US taxpayers and then Mexico will be given some form of easy payment plan to pay back the money for the wall. But lets ponder that idea to the specifics.

One mechanism floated and seems very popular among the Wallians (my own pejorative) is a tariff on Mexico goods imported back into the US for sale but that comes with a dilemma. With the increased tariffs, one argument is that no one will buy the goods so where then does the money come from to pay back the American taxpayer?

On the other hand, the American taxpayer now in their role as consumer does buy the tariff'd goods and then that tax goes to pay back that same taxpayer for his/her tax dollars used to build the wall. Again, the US taxpayer/consumer shoulders the entire burden and I suspect like so many other grandiose projects of gov't ginned up by emotional pandering, we learn of certain players on both sides of the Rio Grande who will make fortunes off this wall while the average taxpayer has to labor several more hours of the year to satisfy their growing tax burden.

So how again is Mexico going to pay for building the wall?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Let's consider who will really pay for this wall at the end of the day. During the campaign, Trump stated that Mexico would pay for the wall but from my knowledge he was never specific as to the "how" that payment would come about. Then once the election was won and Trump began to assemble his administration, more talk about the wall and specifics began to emerge. At this point in time it would appear the initial costs of the wall will be paid for by US taxpayers and then Mexico will be given some form of easy payment plan to pay back the money for the wall. But lets ponder that idea to the specifics.

One mechanism floated and seems very popular among the Wallians (my own pejorative) is a tariff on Mexico goods imported back into the US for sale but that comes with a dilemma. With the increased tariffs, one argument is that no one will buy the goods so where then does the money come from to pay back the American taxpayer?

On the other hand, the American taxpayer now in their role as consumer does buy the tariff'd goods and then that tax goes to pay back that same taxpayer for his/her tax dollars used to build the wall. Again, the US taxpayer/consumer shoulders the entire burden and I suspect like so many other grandiose projects of gov't ginned up by emotional pandering, we learn of certain players on both sides of the Rio Grande who will make fortunes off this wall while the average taxpayer has to labor several more hours of the year to satisfy their growing tax burden.

We will be paying for the wall, but the GOP will spin it as though we aren't. Huge waste of money that will add to our deficit...the one they always whine about.

BrownArmy

you have been lied to in the past by your politicians and therefore enjoy it so much you had wished trump would also lie and reneg on his campaign promises. many of you libs were trying to catch trump in a gotcha before he was sworn in and say that he was not keeping his campaign promises. not only is he keeping them he is engaging at break neck speed.

More of a publicity stunt for the Trumpatistas than actually keeping promises!

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

mexico will cave,

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Maybe Trump can have that National Park along the border re-opened , since Obama 's administration posted it that known drug smugglers were using it and the area was unsafe .