Presidential Alert coming Oct 3rd at 2:18 pm

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Baba gounj, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Baba gounj

Baba gounj You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it!

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), in coordination with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), will conduct a nationwide test of the Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA) and Emergency Alert System (EAS) on the backup date of October 3, 2018 due to ongoing response efforts to Hurricane Florence. The WEA portion of the test commences at 2:18 p.m. EDT, and the EAS portion follows at 2:20 p.m. EDT. The test will assess the operational readiness of the infrastructure for distribution of a national message and determine whether improvements are needed.

The WEA test message will be sent to cell phones that are connected to wireless providers participating in WEA. This is the fourth EAS nationwide test and the first national WEA test.

Cell towers will broadcast the WEA test for approximately 30 minutes beginning at 2:18 p.m. EDT. During this time, WEA compatible cell phones that are switched on, within range of an active cell tower, and whose wireless provider participates in WEA should be capable of receiving the test message. Some cell phones will not receive the test message, and cell phones should only receive the message once. The WEA test message will have a header that reads "Presidential Alert" and text that says:

“THIS IS A TEST of the National Wireless Emergency Alert System. No action is needed.”

2. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

What are you the town crier now?

3. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Well, I guess for us non-cell phone owners…..we're screwed!!

4. pickup

pickup Most corrupt moderation, EVER!

Ups And the Teamsters are paying Trump to call us all and tell us to vote “Yes”.

5. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Can't afford it?

6. moreluck

Don't want to be bothered with a phone call when I'm out!!! My computer is at home and my phone is a land line.

7. Baba gounj

Just warning all to turn off your phones tomorrow.

8. Baba gounj

I use a go phone ( $.10/minute prepaid and I get charged for all text messages , even though I can't send texts ).

9. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

I turn off text alerts whenever possible. Otherwise its spam city. Like a text alert there is a power outage. D'oh! I'm freaking sitting in the dark!

10. Baba gounj

I wonder how many will freak out tomorrow ?

11. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

2e701746c.gif

12. Baba gounj

Please be careful tomorrow.
    I fear many other drivers will freak out when that text message appears.
    I can see many avoidable accidents coming.

13. badpal

badpal Active Member

Good for you, i refuse to become a slave to them dang things also.

14. moreluck

Yesterday, we were having soup lunch at Panera and everybody's cell phone alerted....the National test. It was pitiful to see these phone slaves juggle the phones and interrupt their visiting with 'real people'.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Operational needs

Operational needs Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Much ado about nothing.

16. floridays

floridays Well-Known Member

Such a level headed girl. I could be playful dirty but I'm already in the mod, and the post may not see the light of day. I'll leave it at that. How tall are you by the way?:lol::lol::lol:

17. Baba gounj

The threat of mass panic is over. Time for some one to hijack this thread and sent everyone else where.

18. Operational needs

Operational needs Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Short. 5’4”. Lol.

19. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

20. Baba gounj

It's now your thread.