presidential inauguration 2009 ????

dcdriver

nations capital
My route is closed for 2 days what are my options? Maybe the entire ctr. Maybe the whole district will be closed????? No one is talking. Jan. 19 and 20

rod

Retired 22 years
My route is closed for 2 days what are my options? Maybe the entire ctr. Maybe the whole district will be closed????? No one is talking. Jan. 19 and 20

Obama will make it up to you with free Bubble Up and Rainbow Stew:peaceful:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Go to the mountains, go to the beach, just go somewhere other than DC.
Homeland Security is estimating 2.6 million people inside the beltway.

Bad Gas!

You can run my route in suburban Atlanta...All residential..Let me know..I could use a couple of days off..

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Go to work at your assigned start time and clock on. Get your 8 hours and let management worry about what you can and cant deliver.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Just because a street is closed doesn't mean you can't deliver it.
True but when it comes to Metro DC on Jan 19th and 20th, I'll let you discuss that with Homeland Security and the guys with the guns.
And with over 95% of the businesses projected to be closed, who you going to deliver to.
Homeland Security has asked all businesses except hospitals, grocery stores and restaurants to close from noon on Monday and all day Tuesday.
Not involved in UPS plans but I can make deductions from what Homeland is publishing.

By the way, welcome to post-9/11 America...things ain't like they use to be.

True but when it comes to Metro DC on Jan 19th and 20th, I'll let you discuss that with Homeland Security and the guys with the guns.
And with over 95% of the businesses projected to be closed, who you going to deliver to.
Homeland Security has asked all businesses except hospitals, grocery stores and restaurants to close from noon on Monday and all day Tuesday.
Not involved in UPS plans but I can make deductions from what Homeland is publishing.

By the way, welcome to post-9/11 America...things ain't like they use to be.
besides all that, it would blow the hell out of you SPORH.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
All the money that is going to be wasted on all these fancy parties & all the mess it will create could be better spent if this man of change didn't have such a big ego .

BURMDPsupe

Just because a street is closed doesn't mean you can't deliver it.

Secret Service will not allow sitting commercial vehicles in the designated areas, period.

For the OP, I feel that the centers may put all drivers on the street to deliver the rest of the center that is not closed, because the rest of the week will be extremely heavy playing catch up with the "known closed" packages.

M-

Secret Service will not allow sitting commercial vehicles in the designated areas, period.

M-

And??? So park as close as you can...It's that simple. During WTO we parked a couple cars at specific locations and had a couple drivers delivering out of them. Even nearby drivers would take a handtruck or two out of them.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The thing that gets me mad is them extending the bar hours past the normal 2 AM. closings just for this event. Oh boy, not only 3 million people, but 3 million drunk people !!! That's just plain stupid !!:angry:

dcdriver

nations capital

For the OP, I feel that the centers may put all drivers on the street to deliver the rest of the center that is not closed, because the rest of the week will be extremely heavy playing catch up with the "known closed" packages.

M-

Are whole ctr will not even leave the building, should we still get paid? The center shut down for 2 days.