Pretrip

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
22 years in package I NEVER did a pretrip....now in Feeders I routinely tell dispatch I cannot take a tractor because something is wrong with it.

I was never afraid of nor respected the equipment in package. When I first went into Feeders I made the conscious decision to completely leave everything about the package way of life/pace behind.

Sent using BrownCafe App

MaceFremonti,

How did your employer react to the issue you described? Please be detailed.

O

OLDMAN3

If someone on an online forum found fault in nearly everything his co-workers did, would it help this individual if we kept responding to his posts?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Seriously? So the driver tomorrow has to deal with that BS. It should most certainly be written up.

I write up whatever truck I drive at night for MANY issues. Horn's don't work, mirrors fold in on the highway. However, when the bid driver doesn't write up something that he/she OBVIOUSLY knows is busted, then I will return the favor if it isn't a major problem.

I NEVER post trip. If there is anything to write up in the DVIR, I will notice it during the day and write it on an infonotice to transfer to the DVIR at the conclusion of my day/night

QKRSTKR

Really not much to do in a package car. You don't even open engine compartment. Kick tires, look for scratches. Make sure you have safety stuff, wipers and defrost work, good to go.

Bit more in feeders to check. I always do pretrip, post trip the way I was trained.

MaceFremonti

MaceFremonti,

How did your employer react to the issue you described? Please be detailed.

Like they should.

"I had to write 27xxxx up for the parking brake not holding the tractor."

"You can't take it like that?"

"No, I need another tractor."

Long drawn out sigh....and I'm handed a new set of keys.

"Thanks! See you in the morning!"

Sent using BrownCafe App