Pretty Cool

After reading many other posts,I forgot about many of the good things that have happened over my years at Brown. Believe it or not,they're all not bad. So I would like to share one good one with you.

A few years back, a coworker and a friend of mine,made the Circle of honor. He was a good worker (retired now). My center manager knew that we are good friends. he asked me,what do you think that he would like to do, to celebrate his day?

I said he is a pretty low key guy,just give him his award and a 6 pack of beer and he will be happy! The center manager gave me money to buy him a case of beer. (Very cool) At the PCM he gave him his award,then he took his DIAD and told him to go home! ....It was awesome! Then I told my friend to go in my car a grab the case of beer. He was shock,he really didn't know what to say!

Anyone else,having a good story to share?

upschuck

At the risk of turning this into a how great this companies center manager's are(mine is pretty good though), upon a coworker retiring, mine ask where he liked to shop(authentic Irish shop), and went there, asked what he had been eyeing, bought it, told them to not mention it, and gave it to him at his last day little retirement party, and sent him on his way. He appreciated it quite a bit, almost didn't retire. Wait, I lied on that last part.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Actually yes...one of the best center manager's i ever worked with...was suddenly diagnosed with cancer ...this about 5 yrs ago. He was literally 7 months away from retirement at the time. He went out on disability and never worked another sort with us....but heStopped in a few days later to clear out his office. Primary shut down the belts in our center and we surprised him with a cake and gift card all us loaders had chipped in for. He was a good guy...he died a few months later...and the center has never run as good since he left.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
After reading many other posts,I forgot about many of the good things that have happened over my years at Brown. Believe it or not,they're all not bad. So I would like to share one good one with you.

A few years back, a coworker and a friend of mine,made the Circle of honor. He was a good worker (retired now). My center manager knew that we are good friends. he asked me,what do you think that he would like to do, to celebrate his day?

I said he is a pretty low key guy,just give him his award and a 6 pack of beer and he will be happy! The center manager gave me money to buy him a case of beer. (Very cool) At the PCM he gave him his award,then he took his DIAD and told him to go home! ....It was awesome! Then I told my friend to go in my car a grab the case of beer. He was shock,he really didn't know what to say!

Anyone else,having a good story to share?
These stories are cool but just pisses me off reading them. Would of loved to have had my 30 years with this company to have ran 1960-1990